Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
AKA GreyShrink
521 Posts
I can't believe you haven't been ticketed by MSP!

Get some overloads on the back of that thing!!

Plus, it looks like you got way too much tongue weight on that setup. Your tongue weight should be 10 to 15 percent of the loaded trailer weight. Try positioning the trailered vehicle further back on the trailer.

·
Starting over
835 Posts
i would try some airbags or overloads it would help alot when your loaded, with your light tow rig you might hsve to go with sway control to keep it straight, {if your going to tow regularily}

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,658 Posts
You don't need overloads. You need a weight distributing hitch, commonly called an equalizer. They work wonders.

And yes, the jeep is too far forward. A simple way to do it is to measure the distance from the hitch to the ground with the trailer EMPTY. Drive the jeep on and inch it forward till the hitch drops about 3". You will have good tongue weight at that point.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What thickness is the base material and the grade?
is this going to become a common occurrance on anything i post ironman? anyways its an 04 gmc canyon auto with 5 cyl and trailer is my boss, piece of junk seen much better days and heavier loads than i have done with it

[QUOTE Roadhouse If I get this straight the jeep was not tied down to the trailer? If so, I'm glad you don't tow in MI.

I TOWED IT LESS THAN 2 MILES AT LESS THAN 30 MPH TO THE STORE THE PICTURE WAS TAKEN AT AND BOUGHT TIE DOWNS

·
Feel lucky?
5,147 Posts
dont live in mi, i live in oregon and this was just a rescue mission, had no tie downs with me and if i put it any firther back it swayed all over the place
please dont come to michigan then.

kthanks.

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
its all the dope you west cost hippies smoke that cause you to do shit like this...

1 - 20 of 61 Posts