Votes: 14 46.7%
  • No change

Votes: 6 20.0%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work at Murray's, and it seem like in the last year or so its really going to Hell. Lately Seems like we never have parts, and they run us with skeleton crews. So is it just my store, or do all of them suck lately.

·
Get off my lawn.
3,692 Posts
LOL.

I work at Pep Boys.... don't get me started.

·
Uggh
5,044 Posts
there used to only be a murrays for a chain store around here then a VatoZOne opened It was good for a while causing Murrays to bump up customer service now they have both gone to hell Mazza Auto is about the only place I go It is chain enough for me with 3 stores

·
I own @ halo
1,128 Posts
Yeah, my enthusiasm for murrays has definitely been waining in the last year. I started going to advance auto, I call murrays first of course and if they have something cheaper than advance I just tell the guys at the counter and they price match it for me.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I don't know how murrays does it but when I worked for autozone the store manager had to schedule people on a limited number of hours available. If the sales were down for the month, there was only x number of hours to be worked. If they were up, you had y number of hours. The full time employees got the hours first, then the part timers. I, unfortunatly, was part time even though it was my only job. I worked 4 hours one week due to low sales.

That could be the reason for the skeleton crew.

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
Yeah, I usually go to NAPA.

Although - for things like rags, polish, and cleanng supplies I go to Murrays because its so close to me. And there is a smokin hot chick that works the register sometimes.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
I find with Murrays It best to go to there web site and look up the parts yourself. I am surprised at how many things they can get and just don’t know they have. Usually I get that is a dealer part only if it takes more then a second to look up or if they need to open a book.

·
Countryboy
1,599 Posts
Here is some info for you, Advance and Murrays are owned by the same people. Parts America, so if there is a price difference they should have no problem matching it as they are the same company. Advance sells the same parts as murrays, murrays sells the same parts as advance. Now the good thing for me is I don't care. I get my parts at Autozone, Advance, Murrays, Napa, Car quest, oh who ever has what I need in stock for a decent price. Nothing worse then having to order a part you need for your daily driver.

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
My dads shop does a TON of business with NAPA and I gets stuff at cost (and sometimes free - small amounts of custom mixed paint for little projects, brackets and what not).

He lets them borrow equipment for the "at cost" prices.

I have always been very satisfied with them.

·
Fancy Lady
3,211 Posts
Mazza Auto is about the only place I go It is chain enough for me with 3 stores
:woot:

The one in Ortonville on M-15 (Old Oakhill Auto Parts, next to MVA) is my favorite. Mark and Gary are the best. They always go the extra mile to help me out, and keep me in their store as long as possible :sonicjay:

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
I don't know what happened back in May, but parts I used to be able to get there they cannot get anymore, they're prices have gone up, they have nobody working the counter much anymore, and they never have cashiers.

FWIW, Advance is building a store on Wayne in westland right next to the Autozone. So maybe between the 3 I can get what I need.

·
Premium Member
5,439 Posts
Compared to Vatozone, Murrays isn't all that bad. There's an Advance Auto around here that has kickass service, so I usually go there or Napa.

Vatozone is killer if you want to Hispanically customize your car. Other than that, no real good reason to go there.

·
Sinister Minister
2,269 Posts
there used to only be a murrays for a chain store around here then a VatoZOne opened It was good for a while causing Murrays to bump up customer service now they have both gone to hell Mazza Auto is about the only place I go It is chain enough for me with 3 stores
X2

:thumb:

·
Registered
326 Posts
i own a family owned autoparts store and i get new customers everyday talking about how much all those chain stores suck.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts