Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Pew pew!
18,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These illustrations suck and I want to make sure I'm ordering the right part I need.

For my '01 Ram 1500 4x4, #7 (bottom right) is the steering shaft from the firewall to the steering gear, correct? I'm pretty sure it is but what a piss poor illustration.

·
Pew pew!
18,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Because it's the difference of paying $100 for an OEM, or $230 for the Borgeson.

I'd rather pay half price for another one that'll last at least another 50,000-70,000 miles which is probably the time I'll get rid of the truck, then pay more money so it will outlast my ownership of the truck.

·
Registered
166 Posts
These illustrations suck and I want to make sure I'm ordering the right part I need.

For my '01 Ram 1500 4x4, #7 (bottom right) is the steering shaft from the firewall to the steering gear, correct? I'm pretty sure it is but what a piss poor illustration.

The Answer is Yes

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
Because it's the difference of paying $100 for an OEM, or $230 for the Borgeson.

I'd rather pay half price for another one that'll last at least another 50,000-70,000 miles which is probably the time I'll get rid of the truck, then pay more money so it will outlast my ownership of the truck.
i guess i didnt have the hookup on oem parts :/ ..

i was quoted like 170$ or something like that for oem .. and i paid like 200 for borgeson.. so 30 bucks yeah..

·
Pew pew!
18,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i guess i didnt have the hookup on oem parts :/ ..

i was quoted like 170$ or something like that for oem .. and i paid like 200 for borgeson.. so 30 bucks yeah..
Yea. If those were the prices I had to choose from I'd definitely go with the Borgeson.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts