Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
CONCRETE CRAWLER
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up a 95 Ram 2500 single cab, long bed with a 360 gasser engine. The frame, axle, drivetrain is all in fantastic shape, but the body is shot(the usual). Not sure what I want to do with it.. wanted some opinions.

1. Jeep body on the frame.. Shorten the frame, YJ body or maybe make a scrambler type jeep.. Something like that, or..

2. Put the engine/trans, axles, and whatever else into an XJ, YJ, TJ, etc.. or..

3. Shorten the ram to a short bed, custom long arms/bumpers/etc, replace rockers with tube, and make that some sort of offroad rig..

What do you guys think? Thinking low budget build here..

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,396 Posts
So I picked up a 95 Ram 2500 single cab, long bed with a 360 gasser engine. The frame, axle, drivetrain is all in fantastic shape, but the body is shot(the usual). Not sure what I want to do with it.. wanted some opinions.

1. Jeep body on the frame.. Shorten the frame, YJ body or maybe make a scrambler type jeep.. Something like that, or..

2. Put the engine/trans, axles, and whatever else into an XJ, YJ, TJ, etc.. or..

3. Shorten the ram to a short bed, custom long arms/bumpers/etc, replace rockers with tube, and make that some sort of offroad rig..

What do you guys think? Thinking low budget build here..
4. Cut the bed to a short box, run the front stock, bastard leafs rear/bumpers/etc, replace rockers with tube, and make that some sort of offroad rig..

·
CONCRETE CRAWLER
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4. Cut the bed to a short box, run the front stock, bastard leafs rear/bumpers/etc, replace rockers with tube, and make that some sort of offroad rig..
That's what I am leaning toward.. I have tons of DOM and heim joints laying around here, that's why I was thinking long arms.. But we'll see. My stock 1500 short bed flexed pretty dang good.

Had so much fun in this rig

1 - 5 of 5 Posts