Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Better than Newbie
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate you. :finger:

Had to jack up my 97 stratus to remove my battery located inside of the wheel well. Im so cold... :(

Sorry, had to rant

·
Old School
33,047 Posts
I had to give a jump start to a co-worker with a Cirrus, took me a half hour to find the battery when it wouldn't kick over from the posts under the hood.

Great place for a box of acid, right where the car is most likely to get hit.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Haha. Had a 97 Sebring Convertible. That battery was fun. Don't forget the crappy solder points on the back of the odometer and rpm gauges. Then just to change plugs and wires you need to tear half the engine off to get the back 3 (I had the 6 cyl).

I thought the engine on those were Mitsubishi built...hence the 2.4L 4cyl put in both the Eclipse and Sebring, then then 2.5L V6?

·
The Green Machine
4,197 Posts
I was able to replace the batteries in the fender just by turning the steering wheel and rotating the battery a little.

·
Better than Newbie
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha. Had a 97 Sebring Convertible. That battery was fun. Don't forget the crappy solder points on the back of the odometer and rpm gauges. Then just to change plugs and wires you need to tear half the engine off to get the back 3 (I had the 6 cyl).

I thought the engine on those were Mitsubishi built...hence the 2.4L 4cyl put in both the Eclipse and Sebring, then then 2.5L V6?
so thats why my shit doesnt work...

·
Yooper In Training
7,557 Posts
The few times I've worked on my Subaru I was pleasantly surprised how well thought out everything was. The many times I've worked on Dodges and Jeeps I wanted to kill a couple dozen engineers......and I'm an engineer.

·
hoo dat. wat.
21,594 Posts

The base engine of the 1995+ eclipse/talon/sebring/avenger was the 2.0L 140hp "A588" DOHC 16V Chrysler-made engine. The 2.5L SOHC 24V V6 "6G73" was a Mitsubishi engine.

I am not sure on the Cirrus / Stratus, but if it was a 2.4L 4 cyl, it was Chrysler built. Mitsubishi also has a 2.4L 16V 4 cylinder, but it was never used in the chrysler built cars. The 3.0L 12V minivan engine chrysler used was built by mitsubishi.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.