·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Parts:
FOA Coilovers

FOA bumps

Yukon Stubs

Got the wheels and tires mounted already.

RE Longarm removed

Rear axle naked.

Bye frame

Front mounts gone.

Trying to make the evap smaller.

·
Pokerob is my B*tch!
11,515 Posts
wow, that guy is my hero!

Did he drop if off while driving the elise with a supermodel hanging out the window with PERFECT TEETH?? :sonicjay:

·
i like jungle gym's.
10,920 Posts
so what you guys doing to put a cell in there? i asked brad and he did not know.you keeping the smog, just stuffing it somewhere else?there is a bunch of threads on pirate about this and they all say you have to reprogram the computer is the only way you can get rid of the stock smog stuff from 03 to 06? please post up what you guys do and how it works, have not seen anybody do this succesfull yet.
going to be done for april so brad can enter the twisted competition? this is going to be sweet.. he is definetly geeked!!
poor kirby..his rig is getting old, little and outclassed!!!:poke: he better hurry up with the hemi!

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so what you guys doing to put a cell in there? i asked brad and he did not know.you keeping the smog, just stuffing it somewhere else?there is a bunch of threads on pirate about this and they all say you have to reprogram the computer is the only way you can get rid of the stock smog stuff from 03 to 06? please post up what you guys do and how it works, have not seen anybody do this succesfull yet.
going to be done for april so brad can enter the twisted competition? this is going to be sweet.. he is definetly geeked!!
poor kirby..his rig is getting old, little and outclassed!!!:poke: he better hurry up with the hemi!
We will be running all the evap stuff (minus the charcoal canister) I'm still trying to figure out how to run the tank vents to the evap, but we'll figure it out. I'm going for no codes, so we will see how we do.

I'll be sure and post a how-to when we get it done.

·
i like jungle gym's.
10,920 Posts
i wanted to put a cell in mine but everyone says it throws codes unless you reprogram the computer.there are about 30 guys on pirate looking for the same info. let us know what you figure out. that will be some very helpful info. i took mine all out of the well then remounted inside.there was a thread that someone did the same as you with the canister.it through codes and ran like crap.if you look up brink on pirate, he tried a bunch of diffrent stuff with it.alot of good info there. good luck.
cant wait to see this thing done..brad is a great guy,so looking forward to this build.

·
i like jungle gym's.
10,920 Posts
Brad did not sign up for this comp, he was not so excited about the Pull or the Mud bog :finger: And can we blame him!
i talked to him last week and he said he was waiting to see if you would have it done.i have the entry waiting for him.:poke:

·
Motivator, please!
446 Posts
Sweet! In more ways than one :naughty:

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,541 Posts
Have you guys used the currie joints before? I've heard some comments about how the threads are not so good in them and a PITA to assmeble. Wondering about your experience.

Looking forward to see the build.

·
i like jungle gym's.
10,920 Posts
any updates?

·
5,820 Posts
Have you guys used the currie joints before? I've heard some comments about how the threads are not so good in them and a PITA to assmeble. Wondering about your experience.

Looking forward to see the build.
the shank threads are perfect on mine.... I wouldnt trust anything less than a 1.25" on the lower and .75" on the upper for threads when using johnny joints... chromoly heims are a little different. the currie joints assemble with a snap ring and they take some (quite a bit unless you are using a press) preload to get them compressed enough to get the snap ring in. this is the main difference between johnny joints and most other rebuildable joints.

the build looks good, I cant wait to see how it turns out :thumb:

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Been kicking butt on mail order so we can get a few uninterrupted days on this...

Some work so far:
Start of skidplate

Rear Frame

Angled in for coilover clearance.

Bumper

Upper mounts

1 - 20 of 177 Posts