Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for input on the place. Before everyone says its expensive and busy i already know this. But my son loves Mickey Mouse and when asked what he wants for Christmas this year he said he wanted to spend it with MM. So is there anything that people would recommend or say to aviod while their? We plan on staying on property and having Christmas Dinner with Mickey. The only thing I want to do besides see my son so excited is to take the 1.5 hr trip south to the San Diego Zoo. Is SeaWorld a must do? I think we are going to spend 2 days in the theme parks . Looking to do 7 days at the resort. So has anyone been ? Did you and yours enjoy your time there? Please keep this post on track and positive please thanks for your input and thoughts.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Why not Disney World/Florida?
If Disneyland is anything like Disney World it is going to be packed for Christmas. Most rooms at the resorts will be booked. As for dining at most sit down places you will need a reservation. My wife has done our Disney trips and usually starts the booking of rooms 6 months in advance and three months for dining reservations and three months for booking Fast Passes for shows. The most popular ones fill up fast. Even with fast passes you can wait up to 30 min. Standby you can count on 60 min or more.
If you have any other questions let me know, my wife has this Disney thing down to a science.

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why not Disney World/Florida?
If Disneyland is anything like Disney World it is going to be packed for Christmas. Most rooms at the resorts will be booked. As for dining at most sit down places you will need a reservation. My wife has done our Disney trips and usually starts the booking of rooms 6 months in advance and three months for dining reservations and three months for booking Fast Passes for shows. The most popular ones fill up fast. Even with fast passes you can wait up to 30 min. Standby you can count on 60 min or more.
If you have any other questions let me know, my wife has this Disney thing down to a science.
Wife refuses to go to Florida. So California it is which is fine by me I have always wanted to see the San Diego zoo. I checked today and there is still some availability and it isn't as crazy as i thought it would be price wise. As for food except for the days we spend at the theme parks we will be eating off the property. The days at the theme park well i assume that will be handled then. Thanks for the input.

·
the ocean called
10,281 Posts
Be careful. There was a measles outbreak there last Christmas thanks to all the parents that don't vaccinate their kids.

It still sounds like fun. I'm jelly. My parents were too cheap to take us on a vacation like that.

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
I've been to the San Diego zoo and it was very nice. Some of our group went to Seaworld and said it was just ok. Don't know, I didn't go. Seeing giant Wales in swimming pools doesn't do much for me.

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've been to the San Diego zoo and it was very nice. Some of our group went to Seaworld and said it was just ok. Don't know, I didn't go. Seeing giant Wales in swimming pools doesn't do much for me.
Especially for $100 dollars a person! To me from what i have seen and read the San Diego Zoo is supposed to the best zoo there is.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
we've got a trip planned to disney world over thanksgiving.

from everything i've read on the internet World > land

things i know for a fact, dining reservations open up 6 months in advance, good luck finding anything this close for a dining reservation.
Fast pass booking opens up 60 days in advance for guests staying at a disney resort, 30 days in advance for all others.

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

things i know for a fact, dining reservations open up 6 months in advance, good luck finding anything this close for a dining reservation.
Fast pass booking opens up 60 days in advance for guests staying at a disney resort, 30 days in advance for all others.
World probably is better from what i seen online also. But my wife says no way in hell will she go to Florida so thats out. Dining will be offsite as we plan to only really spend 2 days at the theme parks. The rest of the time will be spent doing other tourist activities.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts

We just got back from Disney World. We did stay at the All Star Movies Resort. They have been booked to 100% capacity for the last 6 weeks and will be that into the New Year.
The parks seemed very full but not to capacity. Which was ok. We have been at the parks when they were full and it kinda sucks to not have elbow room.

·
Fuck talk, Duck walk!
15,014 Posts
World probably is better from what i seen online also. But my wife says no way in hell will she go to Florida so thats out. Dining will be offsite as we plan to only really spend 2 days at the theme parks. The rest of the time will be spent doing other tourist activities.
What kind of rational is that? Did she have a bad experience with an orange in the past?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts