NO RELIGION WAT!
28,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No not Scooters..........

Particle collider.....can it cause black holes? If so even I am a toast. :(

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
i once saw a black hole that could shoot ping pong balls and open beer bottles. i almost got sucked in.

·
I only wheel a boat.
17,266 Posts
i once saw a black hole that could shoot ping pong balls and open beer bottles. i almost got sucked in.
thanks for the new sig.:rock:

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,130 Posts
No not Scooters..........

Particle collider.....can it cause black holes? If so even I am a toast. :(

if things go wrong, yes there is a probability for black holes.

but do we know black holes will kill us? or simply let us slip into another time or dimension?

·
Web Wheeler Extraordinair
2,278 Posts
From my understanding, a black hole is nothing more than an almost infinitely dense mass which creats a gravitational pull so strong that it sucks everything into it. A "black hole" this small may not have it's own gravitational pull, but it would be a super dense piece of matter which would have the potential to get sucked into earth's gravitational pull and go towards the center of the earth, cutting through whatever is in it's path.

·
$9.00 vanilla malt
2,773 Posts
From my understanding, a black hole is nothing more than an almost infinitely dense mass which creats a gravitational pull so strong that it sucks everything into it. A "black hole" this small may not have it's own gravitational pull, but it would be a super dense piece of matter which would have the potential to get sucked into earth's gravitational pull and go towards the center of the earth, cutting through whatever is in it's path.
:woot:

Good thing I don't live near the center of the earth.

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
I have seen the black hole. he is currently running for president.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Anything that has mass has a gravitational pull on another body of mass. I guess it would have to depend on its final density to determine what happens though, although we could all be dead at that point.:woot: Maybe this picoparticle will have the same density as the moon....change the tides to inverse tides while digging a hole to the core.

Either way its pretty cool. (Me = science geek)

·
NO RELIGION WAT!
28,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If this 'mass' makes it way to the center of the earth wouldn't it just increase the existing gravity?

.............ohhh that could go very badly on my diet

·
hoo dat. wat.
21,594 Posts
They make me feel like dancing, and so does the advertisement for Red Roof Inn at the bottom of this page.

·
I fix stuff!
13,805 Posts
I would assume that any super dense partical generated would have a very short life expectancy. My guess is that if would behave similar to the "super heavy" elements of the periodic table.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I would assume that any super dense partical generated would have a very short life expectancy. My guess is that if would behave similar to the "super heavy" elements of the periodic table.
I'm not sure, because a super dense particle couldn't technically be considered an element, so comparing it to "super heavy" elements might be a wrong assumption. If it is super dense, and has a highly attractive gravitational pull for its size, it could be conceived that it would be self sustaining and possibly increase in size over time as matter was pulled into it. This could, although dooming, explain the development of black holes over time, provided the collision produced one.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
It could have an extremely long half-life like the radioactive particles formed by nulear fision.......

BTW, anyone wonder what valuable will be produced by this experiment. At best it will fail at answering existing questions by physics geeks and cause them to create even more questions that will disproved in another 50 years when someone comes up with a different theory. The only thing physics has ever created was nuclear power so we could blow up the Japanesse. Oh, and the simple lever.

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
If this 'mass' makes it way to the center of the earth wouldn't it just increase the existing gravity?

.............ohhh that could go very badly on my diet
i'd better switch to a wider flotation tire to offset this problem in the mud:sonicjay:

if that happens I shall invest in the bra market. more saggy boobs = big money

1 - 20 of 32 Posts