Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1041 - 1060 of 1141 Posts

·
LCG HIJKLMNOP
7,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,041
After more ordering mishaps, I ended up with one more set of beadlocks than what I needed. They're in the parts for sale section. I ordered solid state DC relays for my fan setup. I need to get to work on that stuff as soon as I get my ass back to it. About time to grind again.

·
Got rocks?
3,921 Posts
Sounds like you need to give a shout out to the company that let you keep a second set of wheels! Where did you get them?

·
LCG HIJKLMNOP
7,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,044
They let me keep them by charging me for both sets................I have $2400 dollars in wheels and only need $1200 worth. It's a :( not :)

·
Got rocks?
3,921 Posts
Oh, wankers! This went south quickly - they made a mistake and they wouldn't take the second set back?

·
LCG HIJKLMNOP
7,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,046
I need a different relay setup as well, is that the winch thing you ordered?
No, I had that idea after I had ordered parts. I like the idea of using a 250amp winch relay for the high speed fan as it's already weather sealed and proven. That and it's $30 and I just paid $20 for a solid state 80 amp DC->DC relay. I bought 2 actually. More to follow.

·
LCG HIJKLMNOP
7,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,047
Oh, wankers! This went south quickly - they made a mistake and they wouldn't take the second set back?
They would if I paid to ship 4 19"x19"x10" packages weighing 49lbs a piece back across the country on my dime. It's not like I put in an amazon cancellation request 3 times in the couple days before they shipped them out or anything............my fault. I'm just done buying things. I'm not good at it.

·
LCG HIJKLMNOP
7,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,049
Well geesh this is making me angry and it's not even my stuff.

Sorry man, that sucks
Is what it is. I didn't get a bad price, just got stuck holding another set until someone else buys a set of 17" aluminum beadlocks that don't look like ass for $300 each.

·
LCG HIJKLMNOP
7,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,050 (Edited)
Wheels sold, drew up my relay setup, forgot to take a picture. I have to find a place to bring one power and ground in, then distribute. If only something like this was readily available........ Also need to find a place behind the dash/tucked away to put the thing. Slowly progressing.

Also hoping to find a black friday sale on seats, time will tell.

·
LCG HIJKLMNOP
7,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,052
I'm a little different, I don't want a set. I want a PRP comp pro +2 width for the drivers seat and I'm looking for a passengers seat that still reclines and will tumble out of the way for rear passengers(kids). Most of the sales are on sets of seats and I don't really want a set. 2 seats, but not matching.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,101 Posts
I'm a little different, I don't want a set. I want a PRP comp pro +2 width for the drivers seat and I'm looking for a passengers seat that still reclines and will tumble out of the way for rear passengers(kids). Most of the sales are on sets of seats and I don't really want a set. 2 seats, but not matching.
I like my recliner seat. On long trail ride days I will kick it back a notch (where it bottoms out on the harness cross bar) but for more technical crawling or hill climbs I will set it more upright. It really helps on steep climbs where your weight pushes back into the seat.

·
LCG HIJKLMNOP
7,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,054
That's what I'm concerned with. My comfortable driving seat spot is about 3-4" further back than my wheeling seat spot. I sat in a lineup of seats at KOH and the COMP pro +2w was by far the most comfortable for me. Wade has them and really likes them too but his are +2w, +4T. People look like little kids sitting in his seats :sonicjay:

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,101 Posts
That's what I'm concerned with. My comfortable driving seat spot is about 3-4" further back than my wheeling seat spot. I sat in a lineup of seats at KOH and the COMP pro +2w was by far the most comfortable for me. Wade has them and really likes them too but his are +2w, +4T. People look like little kids sitting in his seats :sonicjay:
Except Wade. :teehee:

1041 - 1060 of 1141 Posts