Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

21 - 40 of 1141 Posts

·
LCG HIJKLMNOP
7,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Set engine back in, clocked D300 6 deg down from flat to almost clear the tunnel. Have to either put 1" body lift in or cut some sheet metal. Not sure if I'm going to end up running a doubler yet so I don't want to cut sheet metal twice. 1" body lift(doh) it is I guess. Really didn't want to but don't really see a way around it right now.

·
Premium Member
4,457 Posts
i'd go body lift for now. like you said you dont want to cut twice.

how would that affect the tube work though? seems like you wouldnt ever be able to get rid of the body lift if you built the tube work with the lift on.

·
LCG HIJKLMNOP
7,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
i'd go body lift for now. like you said you dont want to cut twice.

how would that affect the tube work though? seems like you wouldnt ever be able to get rid of the body lift if you built the tube work with the lift on.
Good point, I'll probably end up with a 1" body lift from here on out. I'm ok with trading a 1" body lift for a flat belly twin stick :thumb:. I need to put a list together and get parts ordered for christmas shutdown.

·
LCG HIJKLMNOP
7,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
1" body lift installed. Hacked crossmember won't work with a D300 without going to more than a 1" body lift(not acceptable, don't like body lifts at all). Going to have to make it out of tube. Had water in the house today, 12 hr day that was dedicated to working on a TJ spent drying my house out.....what a waste.

·
LCG HIJKLMNOP
7,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Items ordered last week:
I have 7 Currie 1.25" LH threaded JJ's on order from Ironman Offroad, thanks Pat. (www.ironmanoffroad.com)
7 Threaded inserts (http://www.trail-gear.com/links.html)
20' of 2" x .25"wall DOM (thanks Ricky)
20' of 1.75" x .120" wall DOM (thanks Ricky)
12 Chevy poly bushings with 1.5" minor OD (thanks for the info H a g g a r)
1 stock 4.0L TJ tranny mount

·
LCG HIJKLMNOP
7,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
14hrs today.....I'm tired and sore. Had to make up for yesterday :teehee:
Crossmember in, need to finish welding and paint

Had to do some "custom" work to the floor with a BFH to get enough clearnace to put the D300 flush with the bottom of the frame rail. Very concerned with front driveshaft clearance issues.

Removed front and rear stock axles, put jeep at ride height. Cut brackets and cleaned the frame up.
Brackets:

No Brackets :teehee:

Removed this from above the gas tank prior to grinding.....that would have been great, fire right on top of the gas tank.

Also removed the brackets from the 14B today. Tomorrow I need to drop the gas tank and start making brackets for the 4 link.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
That's all you got done it 14 fawkin hours? WTF else did you do for 12+ hours of the day? I'm rather disappointed.

·
LCG HIJKLMNOP
7,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Cut steel for brackets tonight. I have to return the plasma cutter Sunday so I need to get everything that I'm planning on using the plasma cutter on done......including link brackets. Designing rear truss as we speak :thumb:

·
sit down shut up and ...
4,510 Posts
I remember the day I cut off the stock TJ brackets! Alleluia !!

21 - 40 of 1141 Posts