Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

301 - 320 of 1141 Posts

·
LCG HIJKLMNOP
7,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #308 (Edited)
Took a little different approach to the 14B shave today. I figure that inch isn't all that important in the grand scheme of things. It's a potatoe digger whether it's shaved or not :sonicjay: I did take 1/2" off of the bottom of it to get to this point. It takes a while to cut through that thing, fuggin inch and a half or more thick....... No more straight lip to hang up on. At least it's sloped and transitions smooth now.
Here's my take on it:

Still waiting on fawking gears :(

·
LCG HIJKLMNOP
7,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #309
Still no gears or tracking numbers for them. Ordered a D60 master install kit from JeeperzCreeperz today. Tracking number sent same day :rock:

·
LCG HIJKLMNOP
7,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #312
Way to half ass the shave you lazy bastard.
:sonicjay:, lazy would have been just leaving it. I shouldn't have a problem with it leaking this way and I can shave it more later if I want to. I think you'll agree I have more important things to spend time on if I ever hope to drive it.

TJ, you're rig will be done first, I would expect it too since you're buying it :thumb: It's going to be sweet too, I'm happy for you :beer::beer:

·
LCG HIJKLMNOP
7,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #314
DO NOT DEAL WITH PORC.
No gears, no contact, going to the bank to dispute CC charges tomorrow.

Spent saturday making new arms for the bender out of 3/4". Thanks for the help Brett! Also picked up an enerpac air/hydraulic footpedal on friday. Need to buy a cylinder and build the bender yet.

Struggled Sunday with my t-case shifters. I want to stay mechanical but the front driveshaft isn't giving me many options. Here's what I'm dealing with. I'll redo the t-case crossmember if I have to. I ordered shifter cables today, I'm going to try to bring them under the t-case. I'll have to wait and see how that works out.

Tonight I pulled the front axle back out and started cleaning it up. If I ever get gears, I can finish the 14B up and tear the D60 down for rebuild.

Where it sits as of tonight.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah PORC. You were warned! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

·
LCG HIJKLMNOP
7,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #317
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah PORC. You were warned! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Got my money refunded this morning...........now if I could just find a helpful parts guy :finger::sonicjay:

301 - 320 of 1141 Posts