Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Master Cocksman
8,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was heading north on 75 in Georgia yesterday and i got passed by a WJ that across the back windshield it sait "Yeah, its a diesel" and had a wierd looking emblem on the lift gate? were any of these made?

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
Well, WJs were made with a 2.7 liter diesel, for sure, for export market..

·
Master Cocksman
8,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So sombody paid teh bucks to get it shiped here then? most likely?

·
DrivewayJeeper
10,957 Posts
Well, WJs were made with a 2.7 liter diesel, for sure, for export market..
x2...I've seen a few videos of a diesel WJ wheelin' over seas. I think it was on jeepsunlimited. They sound nice with a decent exhaust.

When are the diesel V6 WK's comin' out?

·
Registered
452 Posts
I have a Comanchee in the backyard that came from the factory with a mushy-bushy diesel.

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
Yeah, unfortunately, you have to get the limited version of the WK, so even the cheaper diesel 4x4 WK is over $40k price tag.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
The guy at the or truck repair shop has an older model liberty with a 4 cylinder diesel in it. He said that he searched for 6 months to find it but he gets like 35 mph on the highway he loves it says it it the best thing ever

·
DrivewayJeeper
10,957 Posts
The guy at the or truck repair shop has an older model liberty with a 4 cylinder diesel in it. He said that he searched for 6 months to find it but he gets like 35 mph on the highway he loves it says it it the best thing ever
We have three of them at work, and none of them get 35mpg highway. The best they get is 30 if you are lucky. They do ave 25mpg....but have never gotten 35 on the highway.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
DCX ran test mules with the 3.0 diesel in the WJ since '03 I believe. They had a it planned for a possible US production but it never came to be. I don't know why since diesels are the only way they are going to meet the new CAFE standards.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
DCX ran test mules with the 3.0 diesel in the WJ since '03 I believe. They had a it planned for a possible US production but it never came to be. I don't know why since diesels are the only way they are going to meet the new CAFE standards.

The diesel WK's still only average roughly 20-21 on the highway....diesels will help them meet the standards, but not the benz 3.0 (though they do have a tons of power once the turbo kicks in)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts