Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to a friend the other day about scramblers and I thought I remembered someone putting a scramble body on a K5 frame, drive train, etc.

Was that someone around here? If so, drop me a line or let me know in the thread. I'm looking for some specifics on your build.

Thanks.

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
It's only semi-related, buy my Scrambler body will probably get dropped on a slightly shortened Waggy frame. It's just another option to consider.

What specifically are you trying to build? How will you use it?

Craig

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's only semi-related, buy my Scrambler body will probably get dropped on a slightly shortened Waggy frame. It's just another option to consider.

Craig

Well, its really just follow up to a conversation that I was having with a buddy. I bought a scrambler a month or two ago, and I'm just now starting to do something with it. I had to sell my TJ first.

Now that I'm getting into mine, my buddy was interested in getting one. I remembered seeing the K5/CJ8 before and I mentioned it to him. He's into diesels and wants a veggie burner. I thought a scrambler body on a CUCV, converted to run WVO would be pretty cool.

He'd want to run rocks down south, but also be mildly/barely streetable.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Craig
oh, btw, i just registered over at cj-8.com. I saw your name over there....

·
Praise the lowered
2,962 Posts
I know a guy that built one recently,lives near I-275 and 8 mile.Can pass you his phone number if needed.

·
Jeeps, Journey and Jesus
1,651 Posts
I know a guy that built one recently,lives near I-275 and 8 mile.Can pass you his phone number if needed.
I meet that dude too. He did a good job on his.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
curt, I'll let you know if my buddy wants to go through with it. i'm sure he'd want to talk to him.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
those cucvs are super-beefy, aren't they? monster axles?

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
those cucvs are super-beefy, aren't they? monster axles?
if you get the truck version yes. I think the blazers are 44/12 bolts but the trucks are 60/14bolt. someone correct me if I am wrong.:thumb:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
if you get the truck version yes. I think the blazers are 44/12 bolts but the trucks are 60/14bolt. someone correct me if I am wrong.:thumb:
Different frame though, right?

I know VERY little about older chevys/cucvs.

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts

·
Moonlight stomper
5,958 Posts
Scrambler has 104 wheelbase Blazer has 106 (unless the bronco has 106 and blazer 104 I mix then up but sure the blazer is the bigger one) all the pick ups are longer and need to be cut down.
all
1/2 tons have 44 fron or corp 10 bolts with 12 bolt rears
3/4 tons have 10 bolt or 44's - 8 lugs and 14 bolt rears but still have a smaller frames
1 tons have a larger frame and 60/14's

1 - 20 of 21 Posts