Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on the bandwagon yet? I've just seen this same story too many times to get excited yet. Start out bad until they are just about written off, then win a bunch of games that they aren't expected to win and look like they might sneak into the playoffs.

I'm still thinking "wake my up when they win a playoff game".

Reactions: JohnnyJ

· Registered
238 Posts
I wish the Lions the best, but I gave up on them a long time ago. They have had a good second half to this season, I'd like to see them finally make it to the playoffs, they haven't even done that in a while. If they could finally win a playoff game, that'd be cool too.

· Gustafson
10,841 Posts
I am starting to do away with my SOL mentality. They are playing really well, and for the first time, I am starting to feel like we might have "something" here... I am looking forward to watching them Christmas eve.

· Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, after a couple of big wins against good teams, they did not fail to disappoint.

· Sore and Tired 24/7
1995 Ford Bronco 5.8 4X4 1996 F150 4x4 4.9
13,238 Posts
Green Bay is going to embarass the Lions Sunday. Rodgers just has Lions number, have Lions ever won in a game against Rodgers that they needed to win?

· I'm not old, honest...
31,366 Posts
Yes, any time they beat Green Bay they "needed to win". Both teams will be on their A game. Green Bay is not the dominant force they once were and I have seen Rodgers get frazzled before. If he does, and Goff is hot, the Lions could win it.

· Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Unfortunately, the Lions do not control their destiny. If Seattle wins the best hte lions can do is tie them, and Seattle wins hte first tie breaker. If that happens the Lions just become potential spoilers to the Packers, who apparently win a tie breaker with Seattle. Regardless, I'm prepared to be disappointed.

• Sad
Reactions: whiterhino

· Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I guess I should be happy for a winning season, the first by any major league team from Detroit since 2017, and that was also the Lions.

· Gustafson
10,841 Posts
I watched the Seattle game and the Lions game...

I am happy to see that despite losing their opportunity for a playoff spot, they still marched into Green Bay and took Rodgers down.... Maybe we can finally retire SOL...

Good Job Detroit. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do next season.

· I'm not old, honest...
31,366 Posts
First full Lions game I watched all year and have to say they looked like a solid team. Have they played like that all year? Seemed like a team that deserved to be in the playoff the way the played last night.
The would be in the playoffs "if" they had played that way all season. 9-8 tells you they didn't play that way for the first half of the season. Second half has been pretty solid.

· Sore and Tired 24/7
1995 Ford Bronco 5.8 4X4 1996 F150 4x4 4.9
13,238 Posts
Happy I was wrong, hope the last 10 games of the season is a preview of next season. Hope Jeff Daniels broke the curse.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts