Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
You are clueless and need to pick up several history books and perhaps watch a documentary or 2. A lot of the blm movement is based off the HISTORY of the treatment of black people. Hell there’s some people on this board that was alive when black women couldn’t vote. How many black men spent their lives in prison over the color of their skin or straight out murdered. We’re not that far from the civil rights movement and racism still exist and will for a long time. You seem to base everything you say off today’s stats and news feeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The history sucks, slavery was awful, what happened to George was not right and fucked. People of color have every opportunity any of us do should they CHOOSE to work their ass off to to there. Yes there will be a few racist assholes along the way, and that sucks too, but if they didn't choose the easy way they could continue the fights of MLK and prove they are better and become those assholes boss.

Instead many take the easy way or are too entrenched in their "culture" of absentee fathers, gangs, violence, drugs and theft. Then blame the system and racism for all of their problems.

I have had the pleasure to work with some truly awesome people of color at various jobs. One of which is a guy that is pushing 70 now (might be older). If you looked at him he doesn't look a day over 40, he still works out and he reads the bible every day at lunch for pittance for what he did when he was young. He would choose pallet jacks over fork trucks, and it didn't slow him down much. That man had an interesting and colorful life, often violent when he was young, and often that violence was racist white guys. Other times it wasn't. He was a collection agent for the guys that 'ran numbers' in the shops. He had 22 children by different women and he was a hard ass worker.

I met him when he came to work for us after retiring from GM. He put every kid of his through college that wanted to go, many of his kids were doctors or lawyers. At one point he was a social worker to help pull up the disadvantaged kids for Genesee County. He was well known with police. While he worked for us, his 16 year old got arrested, something over shoes. When he went to the police station, the desk was empty and a door and cell unlocked. He went there and beat the crap out of his kid for getting arrested and then let him sit there for the night. That shit stopped in a hurry.

He told me many stories, and he and I had many conversations in the few years he worked for me before I left that company. While I don't pretend to know all of the issues, between he and our secretary we had at that same place I was able to get some nice perspective from people that HAD lived it in Flint. And while A LOT of it is asshole white people, there is a LOT that is also self inflicted. But even though those perspectives came from them, even they would say as a white guy, I am not allowed to say that because I will be called racist.

I miss that guy, we talk on FB once in awhile still. He taught me black people can get sunburned when I was really young and dumb :sonicjay:

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'm sure he is basing them off of today's stats. If we are talking about the problems "today" then stats from 50 years ago aren't relevant.

So history isn’t relevant? The whole blm movement is based off history

·
Registered
382 Posts
The history sucks, slavery was awful, what happened to George was not right and fucked. People of color have every opportunity any of us do should they CHOOSE to work their ass off to to there. Yes there will be a few racist assholes along the way, and that sucks too, but if they didn't choose the easy way they could continue the fights of MLK and prove they are better and become those assholes boss.

Instead many take the easy way or are too entrenched in their "culture" of absentee fathers, gangs, violence, drugs and theft. Then blame the system and racism for all of their problems.

I have had the pleasure to work with some truly awesome people of color at various jobs. One of which is a guy that is pushing 70 now (might be older). If you looked at him he doesn't look a day over 40, he still works out and he reads the bible every day at lunch for pittance for what he did when he was young. He would choose pallet jacks over fork trucks, and it didn't slow him down much. That man had an interesting and colorful life, often violent when he was young, and often that violence was racist white guys. Other times it wasn't. He was a collection agent for the guys that 'ran numbers' in the shops. He had 22 children by different women and he was a hard ass worker.

I met him when he came to work for us after retiring from GM. He put every kid of his through college that wanted to go, many of his kids were doctors or lawyers. At one point he was a social worker to help pull up the disadvantaged kids for Genesee County. He was well known with police. While he worked for us, his 16 year old got arrested, something over shoes. When he went to the police station, the desk was empty and a door and cell unlocked. He went there and beat the crap out of his kid for getting arrested and then let him sit there for the night. That shit stopped in a hurry.

He told me many stories, and he and I had many conversations in the few years he worked for me before I left that company. While I don't pretend to know all of the issues, between he and our secretary we had at that same place I was able to get some nice perspective from people that HAD lived it in Flint. And while A LOT of it is asshole white people, there is a LOT that is also self inflicted. But even though those perspectives came from them, even they would say as a white guy, I am not allowed to say that because I will be called racist.

I miss that guy, we talk on FB once in awhile still. He taught me black people can get sunburned when I was really young and dumb :sonicjay:

Awesome story

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
If there was 29 people killed by cops, and 9 of them were black, that equals 32%. That's how math works.
These numbers are of unarmed people black and white.

So is there some fat in some police departments that could be better used for community service? Maybe. That’s what I read into it. Never hurts to take a second look.

I don’t like her. I don’t trust her. BUT I won’t be a hypocrite and badmouth her if she says something that might make sense.
Maybe the money could be spent on more training and equipment, body cams and dash cams. Ways to make their job easier.
For the most part cops are good people trying to do a very difficult job. Throw in a few bad apples, then as we see people start to label them all as bad cops and need to be disbanded a nd defunded. Its a movement that going across the country.
If people think its bad now in these heavily populated democrat controlled cities just wait.

But math aside, I agree that you are pointing out the elephant in the room. At least part of the reason more blacks are killed by police is probably because more black people commit crimes than whites. It's just true, and before we abolish the police over it, we need to figure out why, and find a solution. Is it poverty? Or fatherless children? Or something else? Probably all of the above and much more.

I think what the "calmer heads" are looking for, is an agency that can go in to those areas in need, identify the reasons for the problems, and work to solve them, rather than just waiting for the crimes to be committed and going in and killing people that don't do what you want them to.
In the past we for the most part respected the police. We get pulled over and you are asked to produce DL, and ins papers. Show them what you have and if you're clean they let you go.
There seems to be a mindset going through the black community that if you end up getting into an encounter with the police you dont have to produce and id and become combative with them.
They think that the police is out to kill them and gun them down. It turns into a fight or flight thing with them.

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
That is what I meant when I spoke about the blm movements being based on nothing.

There is no probably about it, black people account for 60% of the drug and violent crime committed in the county; yet they account for 13% of the population. Black people are statistically more likely to be arrested for "petty" crimes, because they are statistically more likely to commit them, and commit them at a much higher rate. White people are more than 2.5x more likely to be arrested for felonies and high court misdemeanors. Black males are about 15% more likely to receive longer sentences for similar crimes committed by white males, though criminal history also plays a significant role in those rates.

White people are more than 2x more likely to be shot and killed by police, than black people, and 3x more likely than Hispanics, data from average from 2017-2019.

This whole idea of systemic racism causing police to run around doing nothing but killing black people is 100% false. There is no truth to it. None of this is new, nothing is just "starting to show up" it has been the same since the 80s. Nothing that groups like blm and antiffa are crying about is factually correct; yet here we are.

^^^^These are facts that the media will not run with. And yet we hear from blm antifa and such that, "stop killing us" when in fact they are not being hunted down and being killed as our liberal leaders and mainstream media like to put it out there.

Right, now that we have identified the problem, we next need to identify the cause of the problem, and then try to find a solution to the problem. I'm not going to say anything that could be interpreted to mean that we shouldn't arrest and incarcerate people that commit crimes, but I also don't think that putting more people in jail will solve the overall problem. It leads to more fatherless children, and continues the cycle. We need to figure out how to break that cycle.

I think we can look to the programs in the inner cities that keep these people in the positions they are in. Single family homes where it is just the mother and no father in the home used to be less than 20% and fast forward 30 years in the future, 2020. Now it is in the 70% where the mother is the only parent in the home.
You have these thugs running around having baby mammas. mamma collects a check for every child, thug dad shows up and collects his share of the check from the government for every child he has out there but doesn't help in raising his children. This goes on across the nation. You have all these kids looking for direction in there lives and they are getting it from gangs because the kids see that as a source of guidence which is something the kids need.

You are clueless and need to pick up several history books and perhaps watch a documentary or 2. A lot of the blm movement is based off the HISTORY of the treatment of black people. Hell there’s some people on this board that was alive when black women couldn’t vote. How many black men spent their lives in prison over the color of their skin or straight out murdered. We’re not that far from the civil rights movement and racism still exist and will for a long time. You seem to base everything you say off today’s stats and news feeds.

And this is why these people in these communities stay in that cycle and mindset. Sure they were mistreated in such horrible ways. But if you allow the past to form your future you will never move past it. I'm not saying to forget what happened. We had segregation and the civil rights movement changed that. Now we see the black community trying to separate themselves because they are black. We see it with the groups they form. BET, Black Pride month and programs to empower them because of the color of their skin. Imagine if we had white colleges and a white history month and celebrated out whiteness. Imagine what we would be called.

We are all from one race and its called the human race.

Look at what happened to the jewish people. They could hold onto their past and play the race card every time something happens but they didn't. Today we see many jewish people have made it out of the victim mentality.

Things are coming to a boiling point and as a nation we need to fix things.

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
So history isn’t relevant? The whole blm movement is based off history

If black lives mattered they would be helping all of them not just the ones where they find where a white guy did this and that to a black person. Black on black crime is where they should focus, you know, if black lives really mattered.
Crime stats show that there are more b on b murders and crimes against themselves.
If BLM really cared about their people they would shut down every planned parenthood across the nation. Last year PP murdered 675,000 black babies. Since PP has opened their doors they have exterminated approx. 18 million black people from America. There have been more murdered from PP than the lynching and murders since the days of slavery.
And the democrat party is to blame for it.
You want to talk about history, look into Margaret Sanger. The democrat party gave Hillary Clinton the Maggy award and Hillary was very pleased to receive it.
Google it.

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
But math aside, I agree that you are pointing out the elephant in the room. At least part of the reason more blacks are killed by police is probably because more black people commit crimes than whites. It's just true, and before we abolish the police over it, we need to figure out why, and find a solution. Is it poverty? Or fatherless children? Or something else? Probably all of the above and much more.

I think what the "calmer heads" are looking for, is an agency that can go in to those areas in need, identify the reasons for the problems, and work to solve them, rather than just waiting for the crimes to be committed and going in and killing people that don't do what you want them to.
Ok I found this and it really makes sense.

https://www.prageru.com/video/black-america-needs-fathers/?fbclid=IwAR3TdXYPZSOcWK82cecLk_7xTCizoNWUrbqBgI-OFYsFKEki_90SitPrWsY

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,097 Posts

I am so sick of people talking about the past. I didn't do anything to a black person, nor did my dad or his dad. Slavery ended 138 years ago. I have worked side by side with black people. Some are great, others are lazy assholes...... just like the white people we worked with. I am a firm believer in equal rights and equal pay for anyone regardless of race or gender. Pay should be based on merit.

On a personal basis, I was a victim of racial profiling. Years ago I applied for skilled trades at GM. I scored high enough on the test that I would have made the cut if I was; an employee (I wasn't) black (I wasn't) a female (I wasn't). I was told this face to face in my interview. Fuck racism in either direction!

I'm sure he is basing them off of today's stats. If we are talking about the problems "today" then stats from 50 years ago aren't relevant.
Exactly. I feel bad for people trapped in the hood that don't have a way out. But I also am a firm believer that they carry on their biased culture against "whitey" which doesn't help a thing.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
12,984 Posts
If black lives mattered they would be helping all of them not just the ones where they find where a white guy did this and that to a black person. Black on black crime is where they should focus, you know, if black lives really mattered.
Crime stats show that there are more b on b murders and crimes against themselves.
If BLM really cared about their people they would shut down every planned parenthood across the nation. Last year PP murdered 675,000 black babies. Since PP has opened their doors they have exterminated approx. 18 million black people from America. There have been more murdered from PP than the lynching and murders since the days of slavery.
And the democrat party is to blame for it.
You want to talk about history, look into Margaret Sanger. The democrat party gave Hillary Clinton the Maggy award and Hillary was very pleased to receive it.
Google it.
:confused::confused::confused:
http://maggyparty.com/2020-maggy-award-winners/
http://maggieawards.com/
:confused::confused::confused:

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,437 Posts

So, instead of checking to see if i'm even remotely correct; you do the normal "snowflake" leftist(whatever ist) thing and insult my intelligence and tell me to go read a history book.

blm started relatively recently, about 7 years ago, with the shooting of Trevyon Martin by (hispanic) George Zimmerman; with all the same claims they are making today. Which were false then, and are false now. For the same numbers as I've said previously; you're free to go look them up yourself (but I know you wont, since you don't see to care if it's true or not, you're told they're true so they are).

Your claim that since black people were disproportionately persecuted based only on their skin color, 60 years ago, and were racially profiled 60 years ago, that blm is right in their movement....for what you listed as occurring 60 years ago.

There is no data, in the last 20 years that supports that idea. There is no data, stats, or figures that support that systemic racism is running through our criminal justice system as a whole. Find some...we'll wait. You will find individual accounts of racism, and discrimination from police, and police officers, and again those are what's called celebrated cases. It's literally a phrase used, it described cases that in all actuality mean nothing, but are somehow elevated by the media to "celebrity" status and given so much weight, even though it really doesn't count for any amount of what's actually going on.

For example, Casey Anthony. Who was she? She was a nobody, that killed her kids (we all know she did it, just like OJ did it), she was not important, she didn't do anything that doesn't happen everday....that doesn't make it not deplorable and horrendous. But there's no reason why her killing her kids was any more important and any other children being murdered, or any other person being murdered. It was national news for weeks/months...for no reason. Yet, here we are, we all know the name Casey Anthony.

Trevyon Martin, Michael Brown, George Zimmerman are all the exact same thing. They are individual cases being given "celebrity" status because they fit the narrative that certain people want to push. Yes, their deaths were tragic for their families and friends; but why were they any more important that anyone else murdered, killed, or killed themselves that day? They're not. They were nobody's, but the narrative of their deaths is blown up to fit whomever can benefit the most.

What about Breonna Taylor? The black EMS worker wrongfully shot by police in a raid?

Where the national outcry and nation wide ceremonies for her death? She was literally an innocent person shot and killed, and was a positive contributing member of society. You'll see some articles, and a couple news stories. But where's Al sharpton giving her speeches, and saying sweet nothings about her?

That is how you, and anyone else, knows this is all a giant farce to push some crackpot objective and use individual cases to prove someone right. Doesn't matter if it's true or not.

·
LCG HIJKLMNOP
7,815 Posts
Ever want to hear how racist people are, jump in a call of duty lobby. N-bombs, saltines, homophobic slurs, ect. Blows my mind what people say. I can confirm that racism is live and well in the US and it isn't just old white dudes. Listen to a damn rap song, nbombs going off left and right and people wonder why the word is still used? Society is fucked up.

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,437 Posts
Exactly. I feel bad for people trapped in the hood that don't have a way out. But I also am a firm believer that they carry on their biased culture against "whitey" which doesn't help a thing.
There in lies the problem. You have a society of people that are born and raised on the idea of "F" the government, you don't follow the man. Laws don't apply to you, and your culture is one of drugs, and skirting the "law". That is a bi-racial community. Black people have ghettos, and projects, and crack (that still a thing), F the police, F the government.

White people have trailer parks, projects, and crystal meth (definitely still a thing), F the police, F the government. Black people fight against "Whitey". White people fight against "The Man". They're the same f-ing thing.

The stats for crack and meth are the exact same, the punishments are the exact same, criminally. Black people are more likely to manufacture, use and distribute crack; white people are more likely to manufacture, use, and distribute meth.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,097 Posts
Ever want to hear how racist people are, jump in a call of duty lobby. N-bombs, saltines, homophobic slurs, ect. Blows my mind what people say. I can confirm that racism is live and well in the US and it isn't just old white dudes. Listen to a damn rap song, nbombs going off left and right and people wonder why the word is still used? Society is fucked up.
True. Until the black community condemns their own people using the n word it will always be around. It reminds me of the Rush Hour movie where Jackie Chan follows Chris Tucker into a bar. Chris says "what's up my N?" and the bartender says hi. Jackie does the exact same thing and gets into a fight. But yet the blacks want to blame the whites for perpetuating the slur. :confused:

·
Desert Rat
7,009 Posts
I am so sick of people talking about the past. I didn't do anything to a black person, nor did my dad or his dad. Slavery ended 138 years ago. I have worked side by side with black people. Some are great, others are lazy assholes...... just like the white people we worked with. I am a firm believer in equal rights and equal pay for anyone regardless of race or gender. Pay should be based on merit.

On a personal basis, I was a victim of racial profiling. Years ago I applied for skilled trades at GM. I scored high enough on the test that I would have made the cut if I was; an employee (I wasn't) black (I wasn't) a female (I wasn't). I was told this face to face in my interview. Fuck racism in either direction!

Affirmative Action got me in 1978. The state was establishing a hire list filling 500 vacancies. I tested statewide for CDF. California's state fire department. I was already a paid call, and a part time for the medic unit, AND a seasonal firefighter. I was a good troop filling in their manning holes. They were regularly putting me on shift as a engineer or medic filling in for vacations and days off. I made the initial cut, passed a fire specific written test, a grueling physical agility test and two oral boards (one general, one fire specific). Out of the 5000 applicants I placed like 32. WooHOO, I had a career! Then the lawsuit came.
A hispanic individual sued the state because the racial makeup of the hire list did not represent the racial makeup of the state. So, they went back and assigned everyone points by race.

Afterwards, my 32/500 slot became a 785/500 no slot.

Of course I recovered, and moved on. The point is initially the list was based on "knowledge, skills and abilities" and fair competition. After adding bias and picking new winners it definitely forgoes "the best man for the job" paradigm.

Thanks for reminding me and allowing me to share. Its still irks me, because THAT is the real racism today.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,097 Posts
Affirmative Action got me in 1978. The state was establishing a hire list filling 500 vacancies. I tested statewide for CDF. California's state fire department. I was already a paid call, and a part time for the medic unit, AND a seasonal firefighter. I was a good troop filling in their manning holes. They were regularly putting me on shift as a engineer or medic filling in for vacations and days off. I made the initial cut, passed a fire specific written test, a grueling physical agility test and two oral boards (one general, one fire specific). Out of the 5000 applicants I placed like 32. WooHOO, I had a career! Then the lawsuit came.
A hispanic individual sued the state because the racial makeup of the hire list did not represent the racial makeup of the state. So, they went back and assigned everyone points by race.

Afterwards, my 32/500 slot became a 785/500 no slot.

Of course I recovered, and moved on. The point is initially the list was based on "knowledge, skills and abilities" and fair competition. After adding bias and picking new winners it definitely forgoes "the best man for the job" paradigm.

Thanks for reminding me and allowing me to share. Its still irks me, because THAT is the real racism today.
My scenario was 1981.

·
Registered
382 Posts
So almost 40 years ago yas were discriminated against and yas still mad. But black people suppose to just get over a lifetime of discrimination?

·
Desert Rat
7,009 Posts
My scenario was 1981.
In my thirty years with the feds I personally seen the Affirmative Action policy discriminate against qualified candidates dozens of times. You are conditioned to accept it and be grateful for what you have.
Make no mistake, the goal is not equality, it is the opposite.

All animals are equal, but some animals are MORE equal

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,097 Posts
So almost 40 years ago yas were discriminated against and yas still mad. But black people suppose to just get over a lifetime of discrimination?

Hahahahahaha........... I'm way beyond over it. But here is the difference that you can't seem to grasp. Black people are harping about something that happened to their ancestors, not them. In today's world they have nothing holding them back but their attitudes.

In my case, it happened to ME.

If you can't see the difference, a discussion with you is pointless.

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
Hahahahahaha........... I'm way beyond over it. But here is the difference that you can't seem to grasp. Black people are harping about something that happened to their ancestors, not them. In today's world they have nothing holding them back but their attitudes.

In my case, it happened to ME.

If you can't see the difference, a discussion with you is pointless.

·
Desert Rat
7,009 Posts

Just for the record, the original slave traders were the Moors of the Ottoman Empire. There were not flotillas of old white men going to Africa for slaves. It was Muslims. But nobody is tearing down mosques.

While the Native Americans suffered atrocities, they were practitioners of slavery. They would raid settlements and other tribes for sex and labor slaves. Indians would hobble their slave by breaking ankles, legs and other mutilations. You know, just enough so they cannot flee, but still perform their tasks. That was ingrained in their culture long before the white man can on scene. Even AFTER the end of the civil war, Native American slave owners kept their slaves for years.

These are just inconvenient facts that don't fit the agenda.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts