Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Desert Rat
7,009 Posts
Did you not see the video if that cop kneeling on George Floyds neck for over 8 minutes? How can you not see that as police brutality? The man died.
That was the most cold blooded thing I ever saw. But it was one guy.

I watched several videos, from different angles. I was curious how George got on the ground if he was cooperative. He wasn't cooperative he was refusing to get in. Okay, that is part of the job. You PUT him in.
George was a five time felon being busted for a counterfit bill. He was probably thinking he won't see freedom again for a while. I think George feigned falling to the ground, once there the cop DC decided to use pain-compliance with reatraint by putting his knee in his neck. That is where "the train left the tracks". Once they had compliance, they need to remove the pain. They did not. They could have hobbled him, picked George up and stuffed him in the back of the car. They did not. Cop DC kept the force on. Pretty much everyone can agree to that. But where you lose me is saying this was a race based murder. As heinous as it was there is no evidence of that. I think cop DC was a "prick of misery". He might have done this before. He was FTO for two of the other guys and as such he was not going to let ANYONE tell him what to do. Isf he lets up upon pleas from the crowd he is relinquishing his authority to the crowd.

In other words George Floyd died because in cop DC's mind "I'm in charge, and nobody is going to tell me what to do". It had nothing ot do with race.

Remember when I said "Obama is running Charlie Mansons Helter Skelter"?

https://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showpost.php?p=3877361&postcount=18

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,097 Posts
I've had enough cop friends to hear some pretty bad stories. I don't relish their job at all.

Bad cops - throw them to the wolves.
The other 99.99% cops - thank them for their service. :thumb:

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,437 Posts
I've had enough cop friends to hear some pretty bad stories. I don't relish their job at all.

Bad cops - throw them to the wolves.
The other 99.99% cops - thank them for their service. :thumb:
:rock:

·
Registered
382 Posts
That was the most cold blooded thing I ever saw. But it was one guy.

I watched several videos, from different angles. I was curious how George got on the ground if he was cooperative. He wasn't cooperative he was refusing to get in. Okay, that is part of the job. You PUT him in.
George was a five time felon being busted for a counterfit bill. He was probably thinking he won't see freedom again for a while. I think George feigned falling to the ground, once there the cop DC decided to use pain-compliance with reatraint by putting his knee in his neck. That is where "the train left the tracks". Once they had compliance, they need to remove the pain. They did not. They could have hobbled him, picked George up and stuffed him in the back of the car. They did not. Cop DC kept the force on. Pretty much everyone can agree to that. But where you lose me is saying this was a race based murder. As heinous as it was there is no evidence of that. I think cop DC was a "prick of misery". He might have done this before. He was FTO for two of the other guys and as such he was not going to let ANYONE tell him what to do. Isf he lets up upon pleas from the crowd he is relinquishing his authority to the crowd.

In other words George Floyd died because in cop DC's mind "I'm in charge, and nobody is going to tell me what to do". It had nothing ot do with race.

Remember when I said "Obama is running Charlie Mansons Helter Skelter"?

https://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showpost.php?p=3877361&postcount=18

The question is, would he have done the exact same thing to a white perp? That’s where the problem lies and nobody knows the answer.
It’s pretty shocking how white people just think black people should just get over slavery and there’s no more racism in this country and they are treated fairly.
Their won’t be any defunding of the police. If anything they will get more money for training. Just all a bunch of political hounds barking as loud as they can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
There you go cherry picking. :fish: So let's add another of her quotes.

“I don’t believe police should be defunded,” but “what I hear from all of my friends who are part of this moment and who are leading on the front lines is we have a real need for greater investment in communities,” and “we need to rebuild and level the playing field through better schools and better transportation and access to health care and those are all the critical investments that I absolutely support.”

So she is saying that in addition to police funding, we need to invest in our communities. I do not disagree with this.
Actions speak louder than words. We will see in the future what she does. She might say that she will not defund the police but she has also went overboard for the rules she put in place for corona.
I don't believe her.

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The question is, would he have done the exact same thing to a white perp? That’s where the problem lies and nobody knows the answer.
It’s pretty shocking how white people just think black people should just get over slavery and there’s no more racism in this country and they are treated fairly.
Their won’t be any defunding of the police. If anything they will get more money for training. Just all a bunch of political hounds barking as loud as they can

Wow, I pretty much agree with you here. i do think it is a small amount of white people that think on those lines.
I do think this is mostly driven by the media to divide us as a people by race and color. We are all of the same race, the human race.
Last year there were 9 unarmed black men killed by police and 19 unarmed white men killed by police. There were 89 police officers killed by black men last year.
This whole BLM is a driven agenda from the left for power and control.
If Black Lives really mattered they would be going after planned parenthood which takes the lives(675,000 last year) of more black babies than the ones killed by white cops.
Nothing is said when a black cop kills a black man, only white on black.
If BLM really cared about black lives they would be helping the people in cities like chicago for one.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
12,984 Posts
Wow, I pretty much agree with you here. i do think it is a small amount of white people that think on those lines.
I do think this is mostly driven by the media to divide us as a people by race and color. We are all of the same race, the human race.
Last year there were 9 unarmed black men killed by police and 19 unarmed white men killed by police. There were 89 police officers killed by black men last year.
If Black Lives really mattered they would be going after planned parenthood which takes the lives(675,000 last year) of more black babies than the ones killed by white cops.
If BLM really cared about black lives they would be helping the people in cities like chicago for one.
Or, put another way, blacks make up about 13% of the population, but about 32% of the police killings.

·
Project Antitube
882 Posts
Remember when people used to join the band? When can that happen again...?

There are 13% of the population that identify as black. There are more white people living in poverty than their are black people total. Statistically, there should be lots more white people having a bad time. Statistically it should have been a gringo counterfeiting (a historically white crime) and getting suffocated.

I wish Planned Parenthood were more successful. There are plenty of people that should have never been born including a bunch of old white men that believe they have the right to force their will upon others.

No step on snek.

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Or, put another way, blacks make up about 13% of the population, but about 32% of the police killings.
Wrong, stats say that more white men are killed by police than black men.
More than 50% of the murders are committed by black men, mostly against other blacks. Look to what happened in Chicago this past weekend. The deadliest in 60 years.
Approx 70% of robberies are also committed by black men.
These crimes are committed largely in minority communities.

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
12,984 Posts
More than 50% of the murders are committed by black men, mostly against other blacks. Look to what happened in Chicago this past weekend. The deadliest in 60 years.
If there was 29 people killed by cops, and 9 of them were black, that equals 32%. That's how math works.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,097 Posts
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/06/10/gretchen-whitmer-supports-the-spirit-of-defund-the-police-then-backtracks/

Breitbart actually posted more of what she said about defunding the police.
she said, I don't believe the police should be defunded, out of one side of her mouth. But also said that they don't need all that money going to the police departments.
So which is it Gret?
fund or defund
So is there some fat in some police departments that could be better used for community service? Maybe. That’s what I read into it. Never hurts to take a second look.

I don’t like her. I don’t trust her. BUT I won’t be a hypocrite and badmouth her if she says something that might make sense.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
12,984 Posts
Wrong. 31.03%. :d:
Oops, sorry. It was 19 whites and 9 blacks so it was 28 killed and 9 were black. That comes to 32.14285714285714‬%
:whiz:

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
12,984 Posts
But math aside, I agree that you are pointing out the elephant in the room. At least part of the reason more blacks are killed by police is probably because more black people commit crimes than whites. It's just true, and before we abolish the police over it, we need to figure out why, and find a solution. Is it poverty? Or fatherless children? Or something else? Probably all of the above and much more.

I think what the "calmer heads" are looking for, is an agency that can go in to those areas in need, identify the reasons for the problems, and work to solve them, rather than just waiting for the crimes to be committed and going in and killing people that don't do what you want them to.

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,437 Posts
But math aside, I agree that you are pointing out the elephant in the room. At least part of the reason more blacks are killed by police is probably because more black people commit crimes than whites. It's just true, and before we abolish the police over it, we need to figure out why, and find a solution. Is it poverty? Or fatherless children? Or something else? Probably all of the above and much more.

I think what the "calmer heads" are looking for, is an agency that can go in to those areas in need, identify the reasons for the problems, and work to solve them, rather than just waiting for the crimes to be committed and going in and killing people that don't do what you want them to.
That is what I meant when I spoke about the blm movements being based on nothing.

There is no probably about it, black people account for 60% of the drug and violent crime committed in the county; yet they account for 13% of the population. Black people are statistically more likely to be arrested for "petty" crimes, because they are statistically more likely to commit them, and commit them at a much higher rate. White people are more than 2.5x more likely to be arrested for felonies and high court misdemeanors. Black males are about 15% more likely to receive longer sentences for similar crimes committed by white males, though criminal history also plays a significant role in those rates.

White people are more than 2x more likely to be shot and killed by police, than black people, and 3x more likely than Hispanics, data from average from 2017-2019.

This whole idea of systemic racism causing police to run around doing nothing but killing black people is 100% false. There is no truth to it. None of this is new, nothing is just "starting to show up" it has been the same since the 80s. Nothing that groups like blm and antiffa are crying about is factually correct; yet here we are.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
12,984 Posts
That is what I meant when I spoke about the blm movements being based on nothing. ...
Right, now that we have identified the problem, we next need to identify the cause of the problem, and then try to find a solution to the problem. I'm not going to say anything that could be interpreted to mean that we shouldn't arrest and incarcerate people that commit crimes, but I also don't think that putting more people in jail will solve the overall problem. It leads to more fatherless children, and continues the cycle. We need to figure out how to break that cycle.

·
Registered
382 Posts
That is what I meant when I spoke about the blm movements being based on nothing.

There is no probably about it, black people account for 60% of the drug and violent crime committed in the county; yet they account for 13% of the population. Black people are statistically more likely to be arrested for "petty" crimes, because they are statistically more likely to commit them, and commit them at a much higher rate. White people are more than 2.5x more likely to be arrested for felonies and high court misdemeanors. Black males are about 15% more likely to receive longer sentences for similar crimes committed by white males, though criminal history also plays a significant role in those rates.

White people are more than 2x more likely to be shot and killed by police, than black people, and 3x more likely than Hispanics, data from average from 2017-2019.

This whole idea of systemic racism causing police to run around doing nothing but killing black people is 100% false. There is no truth to it. None of this is new, nothing is just "starting to show up" it has been the same since the 80s. Nothing that groups like blm and antiffa are crying about is factually correct; yet here we are.

You are clueless and need to pick up several history books and perhaps watch a documentary or 2. A lot of the blm movement is based off the HISTORY of the treatment of black people. Hell there’s some people on this board that was alive when black women couldn’t vote. How many black men spent their lives in prison over the color of their skin or straight out murdered. We’re not that far from the civil rights movement and racism still exist and will for a long time. You seem to base everything you say off today’s stats and news feeds.

·
Gustafson
9,046 Posts
You are clueless and need to pick up several history books and perhaps watch a documentary or 2. A lot of the blm movement is based off the HISTORY of the treatment of black people. Hell there’s some people on this board that was alive when black women couldn’t vote. How many black men spent their lives in prison over the color of their skin or straight out murdered. We’re not that far from the civil rights movement and racism still exist and will for a long time. You seem to base everything you say off today’s stats and news feeds.

I'm sure he is basing them off of today's stats. If we are talking about the problems "today" then stats from 50 years ago aren't relevant.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts