Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a huge push coming from the left to defund and disband police departments across the country. I should say the ones in democrat controlled cities.
This would be a hay day for criminals across the country.

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,437 Posts
There is a huge push coming from the left to defund and disband police departments across the country. I should say the ones in democrat controlled cities.
This would be a hay day for criminals across the country.
I am not sure what to even say about that.

I mean, how can people actually believe this and think they want it? Look at the actual numbers, and all this so called police brutality is 100% BULLSHIT. Not a single claim made by these blm fuckers is backed up by any facts or stats; just by emotion and celebrated cases.

All this tells me, is we are going to have police departments that are even more underfunded, understaffed, and we are going to have people committing crimes more without repercussion, and more vigilanties. All this says is that people care more about getting away with crime, than following the law.

Fucking people crying that they have to worry about being shot by the police when they go get milk. GTFO with that bullshit. A dozen fucking urban inner citys are not the whole country. Fix your shithole, garbage city and then you can blame the police.

Fuck outta here.

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh ya and it will get worse. Do these fools really think that criminals are going to turn there lives around because there are less police or increase their crime spree.
This will hurt those living within the inner city the most. Which are black communities. They say they will defund then use the money to help those communities affected from police brutality.
You think its bad in those democrat controlled cities now, just wait. Chicago has had one of the worst weekends in years of people being shot and killed and they still have cops there.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
12,984 Posts
I am not sure what to even say about that.

I mean, how can people actually believe this and think they want it? Look at the actual numbers, and all this so called police brutality is 100% BULLSHIT. Not a single claim made by these blm fuckers is backed up by any facts or stats; just by emotion and celebrated cases.

All this tells me, is we are going to have police departments that are even more underfunded, understaffed, and we are going to have people committing crimes more without repercussion, and more vigilanties. All this says is that people care more about getting away with crime, than following the law.

Fucking people crying that they have to worry about being shot by the police when they go get milk. GTFO with that bullshit. A dozen fucking urban inner citys are not the whole country. Fix your shithole, garbage city and then you can blame the police.

Fuck outta here.
Did you not see the video if that cop kneeling on George Floyds neck for over 8 minutes? How can you not see that as police brutality? The man died.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,097 Posts
Out of curiosity, did you even read it?
My guess is no. :rolleyes: I’m not a fan of Whitmer but from reading the article she seems rational. Re Bruce’s question, no doubt this cop was over the top. Do I think there is police brutality? Absolutely. Do I think we should defund and dismantle police departments? Hell NO!!!!

Bad cops need to be punished hard. Good cops need to paid well. I laughed when I heard some “expert” saying that instead of arresting a bad guy, we should have a counselor sit down with perp and victim to discuss the situation. Oh yeah, that’s gonna work. :sonicjay:

·
Red Dragons!
1,963 Posts
My guess is no. <a href="http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Roll Eyes (Sarcastic)" >:)</a> I’m not a fan of Whitmer but from reading the article she seems rational. Re Bruce’s question, no doubt this cop was over the top. Do I think there is police brutality? Absolutely. Do I think we should defund and dismantle police departments? Hell NO!!!!

Bad cops need to be punished hard. Good cops need to paid well. I laughed when I heard some “expert” saying that instead of arresting a bad guy, we should have a counselor sit down with perp and victim to discuss the situation. Oh yeah, that’s gonna work. <a href="http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif" border="0" alt="" title="laugh" >:)</a>
Might as well give them “ participation “ trophies too.

·
Gustafson
9,046 Posts
My guess is no. :rolleyes: I’m not a fan of Whitmer but from reading the article she seems rational. Re Bruce’s question, no doubt this cop was over the top. Do I think there is police brutality? Absolutely. Do I think we should defund and dismantle police departments? Hell NO!!!!

Bad cops need to be punished hard. Good cops need to paid well. I laughed when I heard some “expert” saying that instead of arresting a bad guy, we should have a counselor sit down with perp and victim to discuss the situation. Oh yeah, that’s gonna work. :sonicjay:
My wife and I both laughed last night when they had a new segment about this. "Now Timmy, why did you shoot Billy in the leg? Cuz he was fawking my wife"

Give me a break. Life is not like kindergarten. People who do bad things and endanger peoples lives won't stop doing bad things just because you sat them down and gave them a stern talking to.

Might as well give them “ participation “ trophies too.
They probably got them when they were kids. That's probably why as adults they think they can do whatever they want. "Mommy said I'm special and I'm the best"

·
Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
3,883 Posts
My wife and I both laughed last night when they had a new segment about this. "Now Timmy, why did you shoot Billy in the leg? Cuz he was fawking my wife"

Give me a break. Life is not like kindergarten. People who do bad things and endanger peoples lives won't stop doing bad things just because you sat them down and gave them a stern talking to.

They probably got them when they were kids. That's probably why as adults they think they can do whatever they want. "Mommy said I'm special and I'm the best"
Let's be clear, the kids didn't demand participation trophies... It was the parents that were the problem.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes I read it and she did say she is in support of it.

“I think you do all those other things, you don’t need all the money that’s going to the police departments. So, yeah, I mean, the spirit of it, I do support that spirit of it.”

^^^^^^^^

By moving funds around for other programs from the police department is defunding.
When you have a dept. that has more complaints of police brutaility than others because of one or two bad cops you fire those few bad apples you don't take away funds and divert it to the community where the complaints are coming from.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,097 Posts

“I think you do all those other things, you don’t need all the money that’s going to the police departments. So, yeah, I mean, the spirit of it, I do support that spirit of it.”

^^^^^^^^

By moving funds around for other programs from the police department is defunding.
When you have a dept. that has more complaints of police brutaility than others because of one or two bad cops you fire those few bad apples you don't take away funds and divert it to the community where the complaints are coming from.
There you go cherry picking. :fish: So let's add another of her quotes.

“I don’t believe police should be defunded,” but “what I hear from all of my friends who are part of this moment and who are leading on the front lines is we have a real need for greater investment in communities,” and “we need to rebuild and level the playing field through better schools and better transportation and access to health care and those are all the critical investments that I absolutely support.”

So she is saying that in addition to police funding, we need to invest in our communities. I do not disagree with this.

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,437 Posts
Did you not see the video if that cop kneeling on George Floyds neck for over 8 minutes? How can you not see that as police brutality? The man died.
I really hope you're being sarcastic or some other adjective.

So TF what. Noone in the world will deny that derek chauvin is a piece of garbage that deserves everything he gets. How the fuck does mean every cop is responsible?

What about these police officers:
https://www.odmp.org/officer/24685-police-officer-waldis-jay-johnson

https://www.odmp.org/officer/24695-sergeant-damon-gutzwiller

what about this officer:
https://apnews.com/2839aa20becdcd844dcc2bed6ba603e4

I guess it's not that big of deal because they "deserved" it?

·
Project Antitube
882 Posts

^^^^^^^^

So you're cherry picking what you want to hear? Do you do the same thing when you read the bible?

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
12,984 Posts
I really hope you're being sarcastic or some other adjective.

So TF what. Noone in the world will deny that derek chauvin is a piece of garbage that deserves everything he gets. How the fuck does mean every cop is responsible?

What about these police officers:
https://www.odmp.org/officer/24685-police-officer-waldis-jay-johnson

https://www.odmp.org/officer/24695-sergeant-damon-gutzwiller

what about this officer:
https://apnews.com/2839aa20becdcd844dcc2bed6ba603e4

I guess it's not that big of deal because they "deserved" it?

No where did I say that "every cop is responsible" I was merely disputing your claim that "all this so called police brutality is 100% BULLSHIT. Not a single claim made by these blm fuckers is backed up by any facts or stats"

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
12,984 Posts

I don't support defunding or dismantling police departments.

The more reasonable people seem to be suggesting that rather than every 911 call resulting in cops showing up with guns that in some cases like drug issues or domestic disputes that having people trains in this issues go help.

It would not have mattered George Floyd, since is was a criminal call and unfortunately somethings you need people with guns to handle it, but maybe it would have mattered with Tony Timpa (2016, called 911 because he was off his meds and was freaking out, ended up dead after being pinned to the ground for 14 minutes).

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,437 Posts
No where did I say that "every cop is responsible" I was merely disputing your claim that "all this so called police brutality is 100% BULLSHIT. Not a single claim made by these blm fuckers is backed up by any facts or stats"
Really. This is what you're trying to pick apart. You and aber go so much back and forth, yet you're both the same type of BS.

There's no explanation more that should be needed for what I said, and what it means. Think what you want; but there no stats nor facts that back up the blm claim that police brutality is rampant and systemically applied to only all black people.

I no way did I claim that it doesn't exist. Derek Chauvin is an example of, yes, it does exist. Just like there's shitty people in this world that do really horrible things.

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,437 Posts
I don't support defunding or dismantling police departments.

The more reasonable people seem to be suggesting that rather than every 911 call resulting in cops showing up with guns that in some cases like drug issues or domestic disputes that having people trains in this issues go help.

It would not have mattered George Floyd, since is was a criminal call and unfortunately somethings you need people with guns to handle it, but maybe it would have mattered with Tony Timpa (2016, called 911 because he was off his meds and was freaking out, ended up dead after being pinned to the ground for 14 minutes).
What training should cops get for drug issues or domestic disputes that they don't get now? Please, enlighten us.

There's a reason why all police run lights and sounds to DV calls, even when the majority of them are just BS people arguing. All it takes is one person to get killed and then it's still the cops' fault because they should have "taken it more seriously".

There was no need for them to handle George Floyd they way they did, no police training teaches them to act that way to someone like George Floyd and people that aren't resisting. Which means, more or different training would have done nothing to keep George alive. It was shitty people, choosing to do something horrible, regardless of what they were "taught".

This is really personal for me, because all this does is highlight have so many people have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. They have zero idea how or what is appropriate responses or why police responses are they way they are.

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,437 Posts
Maybe i'm getting too much into this. I have issues with people trying to imply or flatout saying that police are doing their job wrong and it's just a training issue. To me, that disrespects what police do, and how much, just shit, they deal with on an every single day basis. I see it every day I go to work.

Maybe we do need to re-address how police are trained and what our policies are. I have an issue when people flat blame police officers personally, and address all police as the same.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts