Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is that time of the year when the cousins do there trip up to "Dead Man's Farm" which is not a farm and not owned buy a dead man but some where around 80 years ago it got that name and it stuck.
My cousin inherited DMF about 7 years ago and we have been doing annual cousin trips ever since. Now there are 6 of us cousins but most of the time only 4 of us are able to make the trip, we keep saying we are going to get all 6 of us up there someday. But for now, we have a hell of a good time with a small crew. DMF is on the Tahquamenon River about 10 miles down stream from Newberry, It has no road access and it is about a five mile boat ride from the boat launch to the cabin. Back in the day it was a logging camp and is setting on 300 plus acres. Some fishing, some shooting, some drinking, some cooking, some fire watching are all on the menu for this weekend and of coarse childish shenanigans.

Wood Motor vehicle Wall Gas Font

World Wood Lighting Shade Interior design

Plant Building Window Natural landscape Sky

Cloud Plant Sky People in nature Flower

Water Sky Boat Vehicle Vertebrate

Water Sky Plant Green Tree

Water Cloud Sky Water resources Atmosphere

Atmosphere Plant Sky Ecoregion Light

Last night Little Bastard got some needed up grades including another battery and some light for out front

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Bumper

Automotive lighting Wood Cloud Automotive exterior Tints and shades

·
offensive 2 the sensitive
2,878 Posts
Thats awesome, do you guys just use a generator for power?

·
I'll Direc your TV
9,380 Posts
No Power
No running water
No phones
No wifi

Lights are LP

Heat from this
All of that sounds perfect. Nice and simple; get away from the electronic part of society for a while. It's quite nice when I go out to our camp; not quite the same as we have solar power, but still nice. No TV, phones stay on the shelf. Even the no running water is kinda nice.

Reactions: aber61

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
All of that sounds perfect. Nice and simple; get away from the electronic part of society for a while. It's quite nice when I go out to our camp; not quite the same as we have solar power, but still nice. No TV, phones stay on the shelf. Even the no running water is kinda nice.
That's on the brink of roughing it. Nice to put the everyday stuff down and get your feet in the grass and chill without the daily distractions.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Little Bastard ( our boat ) is now at the Doctors. It has ran like shit and I am done fucking with it, I have tried all the tips and tricks I know and I now know it is time for a fresh set of eyes. I dropped it off last night and the mechanic said he would give it a once over and give me a call with a list of boo-boos and prices.
I am betting It will include at a minimum rebuilding the carb's and a fuel pump and there is something going on with the ignition to one of the three cylinders. It is one of those oil injected 2 strokes that half my research is telling me is the problem and I need to delete it and I don't think I want to do that.

RBB

·
Gustafson
10,791 Posts
Little Bastard ( our boat ) is now at the Doctors. It has ran like shit and I am done fucking with it, I have tried all the tips and tricks I know and I now know it is time for a fresh set of eyes. I dropped it off last night and the mechanic said he would give it a once over and give me a call with a list of boo-boos and prices.
I am betting It will include at a minimum rebuilding the carb's and a fuel pump and there is something going on with the ignition to one of the three cylinders. It is one of those oil injected 2 strokes that half my research is telling me is the problem and I need to delete it and I don't think I want to do that.

RBB
I had one like that years ago. We bypassed the oil injection system and just went back to doing it the "old fashioned way".... :LOL:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts