Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
iamfawkinwithyou
20,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running the new mtrs on a dd? Are they wearing fast or not? I know the old style latested for ever but were hard as a rock and the new style seem like more of a softer compound.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
4,992 Posts
I know a guy that dd a set of 33s a while ago and they didn't last very long

·
iamfawkinwithyou
20,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These will be 35s if it makes a diff

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I have 37's on my DD, have been running them for a year and can hardly notice any wear. I do only put 6-8000 miles on my tj in a year though.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Have been running 35" mtr's on my TJ for the last 2 summers and ran them for 2 weeks last winter. NO issues, but they did take a bit of weight to balance on a 15" rim.

·
Premium Member
22,634 Posts
Just put a set on a LJ, it was a chore to balance. Took a lot of weight. Ended up getting them road forced to min. Weights stuck on the rims. Customer seems happy outside of wait time to get it done. Also appears many vendors are getting low on stock of 35mtrks. If that's what you want, don't wait.

·
iamfawkinwithyou
20,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Already on the jeep and balanced ....just wondering if i buy how fast they will burn up

·
Premium Member
4,992 Posts
Just bought mine not that long ago from the Goodyear store and they had them 3 days after I ordered them and price matched 4wd.com
So idk what the deal is on the supply
4wd told me they wouldn't have them till January
No weight and go down the road prety good too(not perfect)

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,044 Posts
Ran some mudders for about 10k on my Ranger, still looked like new.

·
Its not mine
1,196 Posts
The 35 on my 95 explorer show hardly any wear, and they mostly see road use even with the spool. The only thing is that I couldn't tell you how many miles on them, but I know that I put a couple of thousand miles on the

1 - 16 of 16 Posts