Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Custom User Title
8,287 Posts
My mom called me at work freaking out because my little bro crosses that bridge multiple times a day. Sad, but they got the busload of kids off safely, so that is coo.

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,802 Posts
I've driven over and driven under that bridge, this just blows my mind.

·
3,802 Posts
I think the thing that shocks me the most about this bridge thing is they had a problem with one in St. Paul last year. A bridge was being build/rebuilt that was to weak. They had to do renforcements on the bridge before anyone could use it. I'm also kinda surprised it happened when it did, rush is at 4:30 -5ish not 6pm. I guess in that way thank god it could have been much worse.

·
I only wheel a boat.
17,274 Posts
I just called my mom, brothers and sister they are on vacation over in that area. they were still in WI.
Prayers are with everyone effected

·
3,802 Posts
I was just reading about that on Yahoo news. It was still rush hour because they had it down to 2 lanes and traffic was bumper to bumper.
I guess that would make more sense. Last year when I lived over there I'd leave work at 3:30 because I'd spend a half hour in traffic, if I left at 4 it was a whole hour. If it was down to 2 lanes, yea it would be bumper to bumper on it and cedar which runs right next to it.

OK something is fucked up. That bridge was down to 2 lanes out of 4 both ways and this happened?

·
3,802 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts