Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Posting for a friend. He has a pair of dana 60's out of a 79 ford 3/4 ton for sale.
They are located in Stanwood, Mi. As far as we can tell these have never been opened up . Not sure of what ratio they are, but all brake hardware front and rear are there.. As for a price how does $600.00 for the pair sound ?? Also open to reasonable offers... THANX to all that have repleyed to this post I don't know ford axles as i'm more of a tracker guy... I have been told by some members that these are NOT 60's BUT 44's.... thanx again..

·
i like jungle gym's.
10,920 Posts
44 front 44 rear. you could get a 60 front in a f250 if it was a order. just pulled one down that was not a snowfighter but had a 60 front and a 30 spline 60 rear.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
looks like a balljoint 44, but the pic is kind of small and all the rust doesn't help

·
I only wheel a boat.
17,266 Posts
these are 20 minutes north of me, bump for ya

·
i like jungle gym's.
10,920 Posts
fixed it.... and the one you probably got was not a snow fighter but a camper special. those 2 had the option for the higher gvwr (60 front)
bryce didnt some of them come with like 16 or 17 spline 60 rears or something like that? i have been coming across alot of this stuff and there is some many diffrent variations on these axles.

·
5,818 Posts
bryce didnt some of them come with like 16 or 17 spline 60 rears or something like that? i have been coming across alot of this stuff and there is some many diffrent variations on these axles.
16 spline, like hacksaw said... older stuff.

this should be pretty much everything you could want to know about dana axles

its big (3.26m)

http://www2.dana.com/pdf/X510-8.PDF

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
Okay Karl, here's what I believe your front axle is. Go to this link and look at pictures #23 and #24.

http://77cj.littlekeylime.com/Dana44_2.htm

Its a low-pinion 76-77.5 D44HD from a F-250 with dual-piston brakes and 297 joints. :thumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts