Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
i like jungle gym's.
10,920 Posts
colin call me i have all the numbers. you can go bolt on or weld on for brackets. get chevy front calipers. can do the whole thing for like 70.00.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I just did the swap with the brackets from Great Lakes. They had a deal going on Pirate for $45 shipped. Used the same rotors and calipers as you bought. Rotors went on the back of the hub just like the factory drum. I have roughly $150 invested, not including the new bearings and seals for the hubs. Reused the original wheel studs also, seemed to fit great...

·
Countryboy
1,599 Posts
I would have went to a junk yard. Found a Ford that has a D60 under it 1999-newer. Then bought the brake assembly or whole axle from the junkyard. As the 99-newer fords that have the D60 have four wheel disc brakes.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I would have went to a junk yard. Found a Ford that has a D60 under it 1999-newer. Then bought the brake assembly or whole axle from the junkyard. As the 99-newer fords that have the D60 have four wheel disc brakes.
Why? If all you need are inexpensive brackets and a few common, readily available parts, why bother with all the junkyard pieces? Sounds like a lot more work, probably more money, and in the end, a less reliable setup due to having used junkyard stuff instead of new parts.

·
Countryboy
1,599 Posts
Why? If all you need are inexpensive brackets and a few common, readily available parts, why bother with all the junkyard pieces? Sounds like a lot more work, probably more money, and in the end, a less reliable setup due to having used junkyard stuff instead of new parts.
Considering the 99-newer fords are so new I doubt it would be unreliable. I also doubt it would be a waste of time and money. Different people have different ways of doing things. You have your way I have mine, they both work and both are equal but still different.

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
...and a completely different (metric) bolt pattern.

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
You have your way I have mine, they both work and both are equal but still different.

They're sure different alright, but certainly not equal. His would work and yours would not. 99-up Ford 8-lug axles have a metric bolt pattern, assclown.

Edit: Damn you Cooter. I've been re-writing my smart-assed reply for like 10 minutes. :stan:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Considering the 99-newer fords are so new I doubt it would be unreliable. I also doubt it would be a waste of time and money. Different people have different ways of doing things. You have your way I have mine, they both work and both are equal but still different.
Yeah, a 99 is now at least 9 years old. I don't consider that so new that it would be totally reliable.

·
Kicking Cancers ASS
10,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok well i went to put eveything together...........And It does not seem to work out quite so well. I have the front chevy Brackets off of a 1/2 ton. What is needed to be done to make these work on the 60 rear. Am i missing something or what? Does anyone have any pics of these brackets on a FF dana 60 rear?

Best Car & Motorcycle Insurance | Auto/Moto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Axle Guru Extraordinaire
7,921 Posts
Ok well i went to put eveything together...........And It does not seem to work out quite so well. I have the front chevy Brackets off of a 1/2 ton. What is needed to be done to make these work on the 60 rear. Am i missing something or what? Does anyone have any pics of these brackets on a FF dana 60 rear?
Buy the right brackets :thumb:

http://www.greatlakeoffroad.com/disc.html

1 - 20 of 28 Posts