Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for lockers or limited slip differentials for my 30 spline dana 44's. They are in a Scout II, with 3.54s. I don't want to spend too much.

Thanks

·
bought a Jeep
3,250 Posts
buy a full spool for the rear like 120 bucks tops off ebay, and a aussie locker for the front and be done with it dont waist your time with a mini spool they are not nearly as strong as a full spool and in the last year ive seen 3 broken..

·
Premium Member
7,764 Posts
i ran mini spool and i liked it. and for 35 bucks with a chromo cross shaft, for the money i dont think it can be beat. if price is your biggest concern id do it again.
personally id weld it, but if thats not an option the next cheapest would be a mini spool.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
my vote is weld it or full spool! same difference just welding is cheaper than a spool and spool is like 400 or more cheaper than detroits!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What's your opinion of Trac-loc? I currently have one in the rear, but it''s worn out. Is it worth rebuilding and using in the front?

·
Premium Member
7,764 Posts
worthless. Aussie is the only lunchbox to get IMO
trac lock isnt a lunch box. its a limited slip. Still worthless :sonicjay:

i do like aussies. they have worked well in my old mans D44 front.
im putting a Spartan locker in my front D44. dont know anything about it other than what ive read on Pirate, but when i try it out ill let you know. 209 shipped to the door was worth a test run.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
trac lock isnt a lunch box. its a limited slip. Still worthless :sonicjay:

i do like aussies. they have worked well in my old mans D44 front.
im putting a Spartan locker in my front D44. dont know anything about it other than what ive read on Pirate, but when i try it out ill let you know. 209 shipped to the door was worth a test run.
Where did you get a spartan that cheap?
I'm thinking of doing spartan locker in the front and power lok in the rear.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts