Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I'm that guy.
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's that time to cross one more thing off the "shit list" so i was wondering where would be the best place to order a set of alloy shafts?
i have a d44 out of a 79 3/4 chevy under my cj. i am going with the d44 bucause i have 2 of them that are like new and are milled and drilled for histeer. some day it will have a d60 but i am going to have to go through the two d44's i have first. so, what shafts are best? i want to run 38-40" tires 4.88 or 5.13's and an arb locker. i don't mind spending some extra cash for piece of mind i just don't want to go thruogh the trouble to install junk shafts and from what i understand, that would be yukon.
thanks for the help!

·
I'm that guy.
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Then sell the 44's and buy a 60 :thumb:
wanna buy em?:sonicjay:

or know where i can get a good deal on a gm d60?

i was concidering sellilg them but if i did i would'nt be able to get enough out of them to get the 60.
if i could come across a decent deal on a 60 i would swap it out. that don't seem to be panning out so...

·
Premium Member
7,921 Posts
wanna buy em?:sonicjay:

or know where i can get a good deal on a gm d60?

i was concidering sellilg them but if i did i would'nt be able to get enough out of them to get the 60.
if i could come across a decent deal on a 60 i would swap it out. that don't seem to be panning out so...

By the time you sell them and what you are going to spend on the alloy shafts you can afford a 60 and some most likely.

There are a few for sale on here, at least one on wegomud, and some pop up time to time on pirate that are not to far away :thumb:

·
I'm that guy.
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By the time you sell them and what you are going to spend on the alloy shafts you can afford a 60 and some most likely.

There are a few for sale on here, at least one on wegomud, and some pop up time to time on pirate that are not to far away :thumb:
thanks for the info:thumb:
i'll try that rout. i'v been on the fence about this one for a wile now and i guess i should do it. you are right, i'd end up with over 2k into a friggin d44 by the time it is all said and done. thanks again :rock:

·
!SPARTY ON!
2,684 Posts
Your better off getting a 60! Thats what i did after broke 2 outer stubs and a drivers side inner shaft on my 44. And all i had was 33" and a Auburn limited slip. So save your money on the 44 stuff and buy a 60!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.