Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an overstock of Dana 44 (and other 1/2-ton-ish) axles. These would be great, heavier-duty swaps for pretty much any Jeep from CJs to ZJs. Several are still under running, driving vehicles, so you can check out the functionality first-hand. These are not crusty axles that have been sitting for years & years.

These are pretty much bottom-line prices, and they're worth me keeping for anything less. Contrary to web-wheeler endorsments of everyone needing Dana 60s regardless of what type of wheeling they're doing :rolleyes:, these axles would be a strong upgrade that would be great for 80+% of the wheeling rigs in Michigan running up to 36" tires or so.

Cash is great, but I may be interested in the following trade items:
  • Kid-sized go-kart, motorcycle, mini-bike, etc. (my daughters are 7 yrs. and 4 1/2 yrs., respectively). I'm looking for something complete that runs decent, not some junker that needs a bunch of work.
  • HD axles (complete assemblies) - 8-lug '78-'79 F-250s would be great)
  • Jeep Scrambler-specific parts

I added a pic below of my CJ-10a, which runs a '90 Grand Wagoneer front axle (60.5" width). It's a great stance for a CJ, IMO.

Anyway, here they are...

Rear Axles:
  • CJ rear narrow-track Dana 44: Pulled from a Postal Jeep (DJ), 3.07 gearing, 51" WMS-to-WMS, 5x5.5" bolt pattern, factory 30-spline 1-pc. shafts, desirable HD 11" brakes, VERY clean housing (healthy grease coating), complete drum-to-drum. Spring perches will need to be moved for a CJ. Great upgrade for a CJ AMC 20. $90 ** SALE PENDING **
  • FSJ narrow-track HD AMC 20: 111K miles, still in a '83 Waggy rolling chassis from S. Dakota...it was a very clean vehicle (almost completely rust-free), 3.31 gearing, 58.5" WMS-to-WMS, 6x5.5" bolt pattern, factory 1-pc. shafts, thicker axle tubes than a CJ AMC 20, complete drum-to-drum. $90
  • FSJ narrow-track HD AMC 20: Still in an '82 Waggy (complete vehicle) w/100K miles, 2.73 gearing, 58.5" WMS-to-WMS, 6x5.5" bolt pattern, factory 1-pc. shafts, thicker axle tubes than a CJ AMC 20, complete drum-to-drum. $90 ** SALE PENDING (complete vehicle) **
  • FSJ wide-track HD AMC 20: Still in an '81 J-10 pick-up (complete vehicle) w/114K miles, 2.73 gearing, ~62" WMS-to-WMS, 6x5.5" bolt pattern, factory 1-pc. shafts, thicker axle tubes than a CJ AMC 20, complete drum-to-drum. $90

Front Axles:
  • FSJ narrow-track Dana 44: Still in a '83 Waggy rolling chassis, driver-drop, 3.31 gearing, does have vacuum-disconnect, 60.5" WMS-to-WMS, 6x5.5" bolt pattern, drive flanges, does not include tie rod/drag link, but otherwise complete caliper-to-caliper. $90
  • FSJ narrow-track Dana 44: Still in an '82 Waggy (complete vehicle) w/100K miles, driver-drop, 2.73 gearing, non vacuum-disconnect, 60.5" WMS-to-WMS, 6x5.5" bolt pattern, drive flanges, includes tie rod/drag link, complete caliper-to-caliper. $175 ** SALE PENDING (complete vehicle) **
  • FSJ wide-track Dana 44: Still in an '81 J-10 pick-up (complete vehicle) w/111K miles, driver-drop, 2.73 gearing, non vacuum-disconnect, ~65" WMS-to-WMS, 6x5.5" bolt pattern, manual lock-outs, includes tie rod/drag link, complete caliper-to-caliper. $175 *SOLD*

Craig

Here's my CJ-10a with Waggy front axle (great stance, IMHO):

·
Support the Sport!
2,015 Posts
this is prolly a crazy long shot since I imagine you have a bunch of these but would you be willing to trade a set of front waggy axle shafts (non-disco) for a set of these style rims? I don't really have a use for any of the other axle parts just the shafts. They are in decent shape but need to be cleaned and repainted.

http://www.carsearch.com/photos/768214.jpeg

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this is prolly a crazy long shot since I imagine you have a bunch of these but would you be willing to trade a set of front waggy axle shafts (non-disco) for a set of these style rims? I don't really have a use for any of the other axle parts just the shafts. They are in decent shape but need to be cleaned and repainted.

http://www.carsearch.com/photos/768214.jpeg
It can't hurt to ask, but no, I don't need a set of those wheels, unfortunately. I'm just looking to get cash back in the bank at this time. I also don't want to break up complete axle assemblies. I'll probably throw a couple of these Dana 44s on eBay within the next couple weeks.

Thanks,
Craig

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
J-10 Dana 44 front axle is now SOLD.

Thanks,
Craig

1 - 10 of 10 Posts