Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Covered in mud...
17,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the truck running again to start tearing it to pieces and rebuilding..

Don't know how I did it, but my front driveshaft is fawked from driving on your course.. Twisted about 45 degrees, and bent maybe 1 inch out of straight. The whole drivetrain was bound up so bad the engine and transmission were rocking back and forth as I drove it. Taking it out was scary, since it was under a ton of tension. Bent several of the 10mm hardened bolts holding it in place, too :(

No pics, sorry, the camera is up north with my family:bdr2:

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
Ken Menck is rebuilding is front as well due to my course . Took out a few ring and pinion teeth i hear :sonicjay:

I have no idea how you guys manage this in west branch there is not hard wheeling up here :poke:

·
8,046 Posts
I finally got the truck running again to start tearing it to pieces and rebuilding..

Don't know how I did it, but my front driveshaft is fawked from driving on your course.. Twisted about 45 degrees, and bent maybe 1 inch out of straight. The whole drivetrain was bound up so bad the engine and transmission were rocking back and forth as I drove it. Taking it out was scary, since it was under a ton of tension. Bent several of the 10mm hardened bolts holding it in place, too :(

No pics, sorry, the camera is up north with my family:bdr2:
You wheel at a real offroad park and roll with no major damage, yet break chit at some old dudes private property.:bdr2:

·
Motrcytman's spouse
7,208 Posts
Ken Menck is rebuilding is front as well due to my course . Took out a few ring and pinion teeth i hear :sonicjay:

I have no idea how you guys manage this in west branch there is not hard wheeling up here :poke:

I cannot believe Miff let's you keep that title...HA!!!:sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay:

·
Motrcytman's spouse
7,208 Posts
Dave you need to get to know marv...... :tonka:

and I did not think anyone ever read those, I have been the Board owner for months???????
True, but you are the board owner.....right?? :tonka: :tonka: :tonka:

·
Registered
6,506 Posts

Obviously they are not bad ass enough. No D60's i presume?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts