Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought a front dana 60. it has an arb air locker.. I took it out this weekend and the left front wheel doesn't spin under load, will when its not loaded. the compressor cycles on and off about once a minute. would the right front still work if I have an air supply problem? I also noticed now my axle seals are leaking from submersing it in water. could defective axle seals not allow the diff to lock entirely? my first air locker, any help would be appreciated. :beer::beer:

·
Premium Member
22,634 Posts
If it's cycling about every minute, then it should be working enough to lock the wheels. Make sure your pressure switch is shutting the compressor down at the right psi.

Every minute tells me you might have a leak. But every minute shouldn't be a big enough leak to prevent it from operating.

·
Premium Member
22,634 Posts
I know I have a slight leak in my rear zip locker. At first it was cycling every 10-15 minutes. But Saturday at twisted trails it was cycling every 30 seconds. And even at 30 second intervals it still stayed locked the whole time.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok.. I found the problem. Like I said, I'm a rookie with the air locker. I had the pressure switch wired wrong. Plus the air line was melted shut. Works good on Jacks tanks now. Lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts