Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,322 Posts
I have a complete dana 30 that you can have for $75. I can probably even deliver it as far as Goodles or St. Clair on Fri.

·
Irish R&B Singer
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:sonicjay:

all 1990+ dana 30 tj, xj, yj, zj, and M J knuckles are the same...

The tj rubicon 44 knuckles are the same as well.
did not know this....

from what i read in a pm PP sent me i he mentioned something about them being different.....ill have to go re read it to figure out what he ment.......plus i work on/with airplanes.....not much of a ASE mech

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
did not know this....

from what i read in a pm PP sent me i he mentioned something about them being different.....ill have to go re read it to figure out what he ment.......plus i work on/with airplanes.....not much of a ASE mech
I asked you what kind of steering you had, inverted-Y or inverted-T. I also said you might need to use later unit bearings and referred you to a thread that listed unit bearing part #'s and model years.

·
Irish R&B Singer
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I asked you what kind of steering you had, inverted-Y or inverted-T. I also said you might need to use later unit bearings and referred you to a thread that listed unit bearing part #'s and model years.
im still not even sure im gonna wait for a my buddy to come look at it to let me know......like i said i work on planes not cars......alot more complex but sooo much easier to work on

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
the yj uses a knuckle to knuckle tie rod that the drag link attaches to, or inverted T.

Hubs and rotors need to be matched by year groups, which I don't have on hand.

Basically, you can use an 87 hub on a 95 and vice versa, as long as you use the appropriate rotor (the rotor hat is deeper on some years, some rotors are cast, some are stamped.

Some after market 84-89 caliper pins need a little grinding to avoid binding the inner pad to the rotor when the wheel is bolted on.)

84-89 calipers can only be used on the same year group knuckle (2 piece), same goes with 90-2006 (one piece)but the brake lines are interchangeable.

This should give ya some idea on what you can piece together.

·
Irish R&B Singer
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the yj uses a knuckle to knuckle tie rod that the drag link attaches to, or inverted T.

Hubs and rotors need to be matched by year groups, which I don't have on hand.

Basically, you can use an 87 hub on a 95 and vice versa, as long as you use the appropriate rotor (the rotor hat is deeper on some years, some rotors are cast, some are stamped.

Some after market 84-89 caliper pins need a little grinding to avoid binding the inner pad to the rotor when the wheel is bolted on.)

84-89 calipers can only be used on the same year group knuckle (2 piece), same goes with 90-2006 (one piece)but the brake lines are interchangeable.

This should give ya some idea on what you can piece together.

thanks that will help me alot......and my buddy looked at it and he said it looks like its just the tie rod.....but he also said that it may have jacked up the knuckles enough where when we pull the tie rod i might be better off just replaceing the knuckles too cause they do look slightly wallowed out

1 - 20 of 22 Posts