Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Square Peg
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cummins Engine- '89 Non-Intercooled. 149k miles, fairly clean for an '89. All stock, pump turned up, timing bumped 1/8". Comes with a Getrag block plate, but NO FLYWHEEL. A good starter will be included. PUMP LEAKS from the throttle shaft and the pump head (where the lines hook to the back). Both are o-rings, and a Bosh pump reseal kit is included. Shut down solenoid has been gutted for use with a pull cable, cable is included. Last ran in my project truck 6 months ago, currently not hooked up to run, just sitting in truck. $800. Pretty firm but cash does talk.

Dana 300 transfer case- Can be offered in two flavors. It's the long style output. Stock yokes. No shifter.

Option 1- Stock output shafts front and rear with stock 23 spline input shaft. $150 obo.

Option 2- Stock output shafts with a JB Conversions 29 spline input shaft conversion kit, which is currently installed, brand new. $350 and pretty firm.

Pictures upon request.

·
Square Peg
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pictures of engine.

Turbo's in good shape, and forgot to mention the grid heaters have been gutted.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
So grid heater cant work and neither can the fuel shutoff solenoid ?

How bad does the rotory pump leak ?

When was the last time motor ran ?

·
Square Peg
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Correct.

Grids were gutted by PO, so grid housing acts simply as a spacer for the crossover.

Shut down solenoid had plunger and spring removed to avoid the common problem of the rubber tip chipping and not shutting the engine off with a cranked up pump. Shuts down reliably with cable, also makes it so all the engine needs is starter wires.
EDIT- to work again the soleniod would just have to be replaced. 45 bucks at AutoZone

Pump has a steady drip from the throttle shaft and pump head. Still ran fine, just didn't run it more than I had to, to avoid damage.

Last ran back in November until a new project came to light, then this was stored for use as a back up.

·
Square Peg
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bump

500 bucks come get it

I'll help load it up. Bills are in and this is just chillin' in the old parts truck, I wanna see somebody use this thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts