Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Who has been dabbling in this?
My nephew is in the Marine Corp and some of his Marine buddies filled him in on what's what. So he talked my wife about investing in penny stock. We put in a few hundred bucks in and have more than doubled our investment in a few weeks.
Dogecoin is doing well.
Doge is highly risky and is not backed by anything. I favor Ethereum and XRP. Additionally, high inflation will favor real assets, commodities, and some ForEx.

I would be happy to discuss further.

· Registered
10,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Doge is highly risky and is not backed by anything. I favor Ethereum and XRP. Additionally, high inflation will favor real assets, commodities, and some ForEx.

My wife sold our investment and walked away about a hundred bucks ahead. We didn't lose anything so its a good thing. We might try this again at a later date.

· Yooper In Training
7,644 Posts
Everything is falling and not just crypto. Stocks are also dropping.
Four months ago this country was in a position to grow and in a good way. Liberal policies yet again prove to be a dangerous thing for everyone involved. A bad economy is difficult on most people. Especially the poor. It effects them the hardest. But the democrats are here to help the working people. If there are no jobs who are they really helping?
Please, let's not bring politics into every single thread you engage in.

· Yooper In Training
7,644 Posts
How dare you attack his only personality trait directly!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Not true, there's also blind unwavering faith, although that's been quiet as of late.

· Yooper In Training
7,644 Posts
Don't type that out loud! You trying to jinx it or what
Honestly, I could use the switch over from his blind, unwavering political bias. A little variety is nice once in a while.

· Registered
10,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Please, let's not bring politics into every single thread you engage in.
So you're saying a falling stock market is not political? Liberal policies have little to no effect on the markets. I think you need to look at the recent history in this country. Carter years compared to Regan years. Bush years compare to Obama years. Trump years compared to the past 4 months of Biden.

· I got a gold chain
16,434 Posts

Yes Doge is highly volatile and it's a shit coin. Backed by anything? LOL none of these cryptos are backed by anything.
Ethereum and XRP are good buys and worth holding

· I got a gold chain
16,434 Posts
Just FYI regarding what crackerhead said. If you buy bitcoin on Robinhood you don't own it. You can't transfer it to anyone or off the robinhood platform.
I disagree with him on Coinbase. Yes fee's are high and it reports transactions to the IRS. Over a certain amount I believe, used to be over 20k in a year. I don't know what it is now.
But it's an easy legitimate way to buy. Nothing wrong with it.
As for cash buying, yes much better but good luck finding someone to sell.

· Registered
10,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Just FYI regarding what crackerhead said. If you buy bitcoin on Robinhood you don't own it. You can't transfer it to anyone or off the robinhood platform.
I disagree with him on Coinbase. Yes fee's are high and it reports transactions to the IRS. Over a certain amount I believe, used to be over 20k in a year. I don't know what it is now.
But it's an easy legitimate way to buy. Nothing wrong with it.
As for cash buying, yes much better but good luck finding someone to sell.
Interesting to know, thanks

· Registered
720 Posts
Yes Doge is highly volatile and it's a shit coin. Backed by anything? LOL none of these cryptos are backed by anything.
Ethereum and XRP are good buys and worth holding
Since you appear well educated on this nonexistent, nothing money, do you know if there is any benefit to society from it and/or from the gambling on it?

Turns out creating nothing out of nothing is energy intensive! Go figure. facepalm
Quote: Bitcoin consumes 'more electricity than Argentina' "Cambridge researchers say it consumes around 121.36 terawatt-hours (TWh) a year - and is unlikely to fall unless the value of the currency slumps."

· I'll Direc your TV
9,436 Posts
Also, speaking with someone who seems to know a lot about crypto curreny.....Telsa is also not going to be selling it either, which to me says they're keeping that stash they have. for what?

cause they expect it to boom up again in the future most likely.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts