Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
10,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has been dabbling in this?
My nephew is in the Marine Corp and some of his Marine buddies filled him in on what's what. So he talked my wife about investing in penny stock. We put in a few hundred bucks in and have more than doubled our investment in a few weeks.
Dogecoin is doing well.

· F-U-CANCER!!!
6,030 Posts
It does seem like a lot of people are cleaning up. Back in the day CC used to talk about this type of thing on here. I would not mind throwing a little bit into it, but need some cliff notes first.

· Registered
10,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My wife keeps an eye it mostly. Through Robinhood, its an app to download and from there you create an account. PM me with your number and I can forward you a link where you would get free stock when you invest.

· Yooper In Training
7,638 Posts
I finally bit the bullet on Doge a couple weeks ago and bought a few hundred bucks worth when it was already elevated but supposed to make the big surge just before 4/20. I bought some Bitcoin at the same time because I always hear good things about that. I immediately lost about $50 on Doge, and the supposed surge was a flop so I sold it a couple days later still at a loss. I thought about dumping what was left into Ethereum but went with more Bitcoin instead. Now Doge is nearly double what I sold it at, Ethereum has about doubled from where I almost bought it, and Bitcoin has hardly budged. So I'm doing freaking great....

Now granted, I didn't put in enough to hurt if it all disappears, nor enough to make me rich if it doubles or triples, but it's still frustrating to do an absolute shit job of investing. I did more than double my money on VTIQ/NKLA last year when it was taking off. Again still only a few hundred bucks, but that paid for most of a camping trip so that was cool. Dumped some back into Ford that's up about 55% since then. I'm still up quite a bit over the small amounts I've invested, but I could have gone 100 fold on my money if I'd invested in Doge when some friends said to and then left it alone till now. Oh well.

· Registered
10,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We picked up Doge at .22, Ethereum, I'm not sure how much my wife grabbed that for but we are up almost double. Not going to get rich but we'll see. I think between the 2 we have about 450 invested. Bitcoin was something we are looking at. It's fallen quite a bit and it's on the rise, better pull the trigger before it takes off.

· Registered
4 Posts
I recently bought $100 worth of Dogecoin and Etherium Classic. they've been on the rise, and I'm just treating it as an experiment, this being my first investment in crypto. I won't mind if I lose it all because I'll gain some experience in it. I know that there are many people talking about Elon Musk going on SNL this Saturday, and saying that Doge is gonna go up again if he talks about it.

· I'm not old, honest...
31,366 Posts
I bought litecoin about 10 years ago. It went up about 700%. Then I discovered I lost my password. It's gone - forever in cyber space. My fault I know but it taught me a hard lesson. I won't be doing it again.

· F-U-CANCER!!!
6,030 Posts
If you would have invested $10,000 when I made this post you would now have $9,400,000.

If you invest $10,000 today in ETH, you will probably have $9,400,000 in 2030.

do NOT use coinbase. do NOT use robinhood, use cash, and use a secure wallet that is anonymous.
The million dollar question is, did you invest 10 grand??? If so, congrats!!! I remember thinking to myself back then that I should invest 5k, sure wish I had.....

· Registered
10,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Everything is falling and not just crypto. Stocks are also dropping.
Four months ago this country was in a position to grow and in a good way. Liberal policies yet again prove to be a dangerous thing for everyone involved. A bad economy is difficult on most people. Especially the poor. It effects them the hardest. But the democrats are here to help the working people. If there are no jobs who are they really helping?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts