Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys first time poster here. I was just wondering if anyone lived around the Howard city Croton area? or even Newaygo? Me and my buddy's always go wheelin in a place called the prairie right off m-82 and we are looking for some more spots. Also anyone know of a link to some maps that will show trails in my area? or even seasonal roads.

Thanks alot.

·
I only wheel a boat.
17,263 Posts
Is the prairie. out by the old cemetery by bills lake? Or in the national forest by jess lake?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its by the old cemetery. Ive been told its an indian cemetery but who knows. I see your from howard city to. You know any good places around here?

·
I only wheel a boat.
17,263 Posts
Both of the places I described are in the national forest.

·
I only wheel a boat.
17,263 Posts
Auto correct. :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha i figured. But a seasonal road that goes to the prairie will lead you right to hess lake. you ever explore the prairie?

·
I only wheel a boat.
17,263 Posts
Only legal ones are seasonal roads around here.

·
I only wheel a boat.
17,263 Posts
Someone tore the piss out of 92nd last time I was out there and it was barely possible in my impreza. I had to drag my way through it. :(
And that's an actual road......

·
I only wheel a boat.
17,263 Posts
I was out in the area you described a month ago scouting for hunting and I noticed the racetrack out in the big field area behind the burial area. :(

·
Whoop Whoop
17,241 Posts
if you haven't noticed yet, you've been wheeling on illegal wheeling property. :poke:

Please obey rules and stick to seasonal roads. there are a bunch between muskegon river and lakeview. I have been down quite a few in the old 05 legacy i sold a while back.

People here don't take kindly to illegal wheelers, they ruin the sport for others.

·
I only wheel a boat.
17,263 Posts
haha i figured. But a seasonal road that goes to the prairie will lead you right to hess lake. you ever explore the prairie?
If its not a numbered seasonal road I won't drive on it. All legal roads there are numbered since its national forest.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so all the little trails with numbers i should be able to go down? and we never knew it was illegal to go back there. we just seen all the trails and assumed it was ok.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well we don't tear it up anyway. and anywhere that is says keep out we KEEP OUT. so i dont really see what we are doing wrong anyway. and a seasonal road goes right through the middle of it from thornapple to pear so we thought we where ok.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts