Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
** TEAM KAMIKAZE 4X4 **
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was within minutes of buying a car on craigslist. the story goes like this.

a guy who claims he is a military official says he was sent to the UK and London (this was 2 cars and 2 diffrent accounts so far) to bring peace the 2 countries. he says his wife moved over there with him but they wont let them register the the car for some reason. so they are trying to sell it here in the US. they say to use a "buyer protection"on ebay and its so called failsafe. but when he gives you the address to his local ebay, its actually to his own address of some sort. he says once we let him know we gave our money to ebay,he will ship the car free of charge via military freight to your door. then you have 10 days to inspect the car and decide. if you dont want it he says no need to send it back because he will find another sucker,i mean buyer in your area. if you wnat it then tell him to contact ebay to release the money. by then you money is in his hands and you are without cash. any car that is under $3000 and sounds similar,beware. if its under that amount its small claims and you cant do anything about it. both cars were $6000 cars for $2950. they say they gotta sell it cheap because of there situation. my buddys wife had a money order made out for a Honda and was gonna send it but he told her to go to our local ebay store and confirm the address. it indeed was a fake. she questioned him about it and still had the nerve to say "send it to me on good faith". thats a bunch of crap.
the names that were given was James willis and James Nelson.. both claiming to be sargents for the US sent to bring peace. same thing with the friends wife. just giving a heads up :usa:

·
Premium Member
5,439 Posts
That happens on CL thousands of times a day, buyers and sellers. Just about everything I've listed on there, whether it's a boat, car or even a cell phone draws more scam responses than legitimate ones.

CL is a shifty place, just check out the hoggin contest thread.:sonicjay:

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
gotts agree seems like all the responses i get on any large items on craigslist are scammers its pretty sad actually i bet they gat quiet a few people everyday on there with there bullshit

·
Im going FAST!!!
3,810 Posts
You have to watch everything that has anything to do with the UK Fawkin scammers go get a real job.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I didn't realize the UK had problems with the US and needed people sent for peace.

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,527 Posts
I know someone who is afraid they may have gotten bit by someone on autorv.com. I sure hope he does not, but this shit is scarry. Seems like we are going backwards in some ways, the only way to buy something is with cash in person????????

I'll post results.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Meh, all online markets have gone to hell.

You almost can't sell ANYTHING on Ebay anymore. It used to just be you couldn't sell computers without getting some nigerian pieces of shit bidding up your ad. Now its you almost can't post any type of ad without getting some nigerian pieces of shit.

Ebay has REALLY gone down hill, and it doesn't surprise me that something like craigslist, which is so loosely run anyways, is getting just as much crap.

Soon the nigerian pieces of shit will be all over craigslist too!

-Brandon

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Meh, all online markets have gone to hell.

You almost can't sell ANYTHING on Ebay anymore. It used to just be you couldn't sell computers without getting some nigerian pieces of shit bidding up your ad. Now its you almost can't post any type of ad without getting some nigerian pieces of shit.

Ebay has REALLY gone down hill, and it doesn't surprise me that something like craigslist, which is so loosely run anyways, is getting just as much crap.

Soon the nigerian pieces of shit will be all over craigslist too!

-Brandon
Who do you think was trying to rip you off? They have adapted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts