Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Desert Rat
7,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wake early every day.
Enjoy my coffee and the bucolic scene like this. Spring snow coating the ground. Squirrel raiding the bird feeders, Turkey scratching in the leaves, deer browsing on young shoots of plants. Just another slow start to my busy day.
Plant Natural landscape Branch Tree Wood

Then this guy crashes the party
Plant Natural landscape Branch Land lot Tree

Enjoy the show

Attachments

·
Project Antitube
1,185 Posts
I pretty much never see them during the day except on my cameras, I can't believe they came that close to the house. It's crazy how alert they are. Once in a while I'll accidentally sneak up on them and I don't know who is startled more.

The weird thing is that most of them seem to assume you can't see them at night. So they come a lot closer and don't scatter. My wife was out of town for about ten days early this spring. The fleabags run through my property around train time and they always howl at the train so between the two trains that happen every night I waited for them with my wizard eyes on.

They don't always fit in a 10" post hole either, not all of them are just fur.

Suddenly the rabbits and turkeys moved back in. And I saw a pheasant for the first time in like half a decade.

·
Desert Rat
7,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like you found a nice quiet piece of property!

Thanks for the vids!
The plan, throwing that word out pretty loosely, is lawn and garden in the front, habitat landscaping in the back.
There is alway something going on in the back yard. The “Needle Pig” has been climbing that big tree every night this week. We go out and watch him climb wtf up there for the buds. He must be thirty pounds climbing out on those branches
Sky Bird Plant Twig Beak

An can’t forget this character . Two clips, watch both.

Reactions: aber61

·
Desert Rat
7,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I pretty much never see them during the day except on my cameras, I can't believe they came that close to the house. It's crazy how alert they are. Once in a while I'll accidentally sneak up on them and I don't know who is startled more.

The weird thing is that most of them seem to assume you can't see them at night. So they come a lot closer and don't scatter. My wife was out of town for about ten days early this spring. The fleabags run through my property around train time and they always howl at the train so between the two trains that happen every night I waited for them with my wizard eyes on.

They don't always fit in a 10" post hole either, not all of them are just fur.

Suddenly the rabbits and turkeys moved back in. And I saw a pheasant for the first time in like half a decade.
First coyote I seen since moving here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts