Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone do when they have to wear glasses and a mask? I do not wear a mask much, but it certainly sucks when my glasses are fogged up...

Any good ideas, solutions or masks that work better than others?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have no suggestions worth a damn. I've heard you can use Medical tap to hold it to your cheek under the eye, but that seems excessive, and kind of a pain in the ass. The disposable masks with the wire in it kind of helps, because you can shape it around your nose. It might be possible to put a piece of wire in a cloth mask to get the same effect.

·
Gustafson
9,589 Posts
I wear glasses (no contacts) and yes, it sucks ass. The tape does work, but it also isn't pleasant against your skin for any length of time.

·
Registered
8,993 Posts
best option!!

Do you wear one?
I rarely wear one and if I do it is under protest then my glasses fog up and I pull it under my nose. Besides it's a class 4 felony to wear a mask while carrying concealed. Should have seen the look on the guy at costco and home depot when I told them that as I walked past. Fauci says masks till 2022 but a johns hopskin doctor seems to think covid will be minimal this spring, April or May.

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,557 Posts
I rarely wear one and if I do it is under protest then my glasses fog up and I pull it under my nose. Besides it's a class 4 felony to wear a mask while carrying concealed. Should have seen the look on the guy at costco and home depot when I told them that as I walked past. Fauci says masks till 2022 but a johns hopskin doctor seems to think covid will be minimal this spring, April or May.
Considering we're on week 50 of the 2 week "pause", I think it still safe to say that, still, nobody really knows.

Dr. F also said that if the vaccines go out then this will be over that much quicker, yet yesterday he said that even if you're vaccinated you still shouldn't go out. How many other doctors have said covid really isn't that bad, yet we've got what, 500,000 dead people now?

I forgot, its 200,000 misidentified suicides, 150,000 misidentified natural causes, and 150,000 newly registered biden voters

·
Gustafson
9,589 Posts
I was a Fauci supporter in the beginning of this whole thing, but over time I have lost faith that he knows what he is talking about....

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,557 Posts
I was a Fauci supporter in the beginning of this whole thing, but over time I have lost faith that he knows what he is talking about....
It's not that I don't think he's qualified, it'd be pretty hard to say he doesn't know what he is talking about. It seems that he is saying things as a "for sure" when in reality they're a "I'm fairly sure"

Pretty big difference if I say, that meat is not rotten, versus, i'm fairly sure it's not rotten.

·
Registered
8,993 Posts
Considering we're on week 50 of the 2 week "pause", I think it still safe to say that, still, nobody really knows.

Dr. F also said that if the vaccines go out then this will be over that much quicker, yet yesterday he said that even if you're vaccinated you still shouldn't go out. How many other doctors have said covid really isn't that bad, yet we've got what, 500,000 dead people now?

I forgot, its 200,000 misidentified suicides, 150,000 misidentified natural causes, and 150,000 newly registered biden voters
Don't forget that now they are saying we need to wear 2 masks. I call BS. I say they are trying to prolong this. By creating heard immunity through vaccination. I'm thinking there are millions that have caught it and got over it and never went to get tested or the doctor. I got nasty sick last year for almost two weeks. Was it covid? I don't know, never got tested.

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,557 Posts
Don't forget that now they are saying we need to wear 2 masks. I call BS. I say they are trying to prolong this. By creating heard immunity through vaccination. I'm thinking there are millions that have caught it and got over it and never went to get tested or the doctor. I got nasty sick last year for almost two weeks. Was it covid? I don't know, never got tested.
As for the mask thing, I will say that the people wearing face shields, bandana's, pieces of a shirt, fishnet masks, or slung over your chin/under your nose; are not helping anything. Those seem to be the people that are crying that "see the masks don't work".

A seat belt doesn't do shit if you only have it looped over one arm. Doesn't mean a seat belt doesn't work.

·
Registered
8,993 Posts
As for the mask thing, I will say that the people wearing face shields, bandana's, pieces of a shirt, fishnet masks, or slung over your chin/under your nose; are not helping anything. Those seem to be the people that are crying that "see the masks don't work".

A seat belt doesn't do shit if you only have it looped over one arm. Doesn't mean a seat belt doesn't work.
Masks are designed to work in sterile environments. Can they help outside of a sterile environment? Yes, but not 100 % effective. Mask wearing will not control a virus. It gives people a false sense of security. It's like the government telling us they will control the weather(climate change) by raising our taxes. Wat makes anyone think they will control an air born virus?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Masks are worthless. 2 masks are twice as worthless. IF you are sick, wearing a mask will help REDUCE you spreading germs. It's like trying to plug a leaky pipe with a rag. Wearing one won't do jack to protect you. That requires a specific level of filtration that you aren't going to get with a disposable or cloth mask, period.

The N95 sort of protects the wearer, but that is against an "initial blast". If it becomes contaminated, it needs to be removed and disposed of in a timely manner.

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,557 Posts
Masks are designed to work in sterile environments. Can they help outside of a sterile environment? Yes, but not 100 % effective. Mask wearing will not control a virus. It gives people a false sense of security. It's like the government telling us they will control the weather(climate change) by raising our taxes. Wat makes anyone think they will control an air born virus?
Exactly my point; disregard everything I just said, and point out how you're all of a sudden an immunologist. Seat belts are a false sense of security; do they 100% stop people dying from a car crash? Do the only just help a bit? It's just more control over people. Except, at least the seat belt wont affect other people directly.

All of you people love to think you're standing up for patriotism, fighting the communist government control, like your Braveheart charging the British yelling "FREEDOM", all by not wearing a mask. You're none of those things; you're a single person, throwing a temper tantrum, because mommy said you have to wear your jacket because it's raining. When all of the mask stuff started; nobody had any idea what was going on, a virus nobody knew nothing about. All you people became doctor's; all saying " You can't get enough air" when wearing one. Now, you're all still doctor's, and it's "see I told you masks dont' work"....."they're designed to work in sterile environments". Who are you trying to be? The inconvenience of wearing a mask, and you're still acing like your giving up a left toe for it. When the entire time, you're wearing something that amounts to a fish net, walking around like Pinocchio with your nose stuck out or your "mask" over your chin. Yea, good effort there guy. You sure showed them.

Reactions: Zjman

·
Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
4,001 Posts
I'm gonna blow everyone's mind here, masks aren't about protecting you... They're about protecting the people that can't survive from this by reducing the cross contamination of the general population.

Much like an air bag is only one of the many safety features of a vehicle, a mask is only one of the many defenses needed to control the spread of a virus that won't kill everyone, but it'll definitely kill/effect some.

Just my two cents, it doesn't impair my freedoms. It's just a thing, it's only a big deal if you make it one.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,557 Posts
Masks are worthless. 2 masks are twice as worthless. IF you are sick, wearing a mask will help REDUCE you spreading germs. It's like trying to plug a leaky pipe with a rag. Wearing one won't do jack to protect you. That requires a specific level of filtration that you aren't going to get with a disposable or cloth mask, period.

The N95 sort of protects the wearer, but that is against an "initial blast". If it becomes contaminated, it needs to be removed and disposed of in a timely manner.
Which was 100% the failing of the government and the people promoting the masks. Wear a mask, but nothing about, wear a clean mask. Ok, so you've got everyone wearing, grumy germ infested masks, which is worse than not wearing a mask. Way to go government, way to go.

That's something have a legitimate argument for; the lack of education on how or why the masks work; instead we got; just wear a mask. Which amounts to, just wear boots, it's raining. Not, wear water proof boots, or high angle boots; just boots. Ok, so like any boots right?

Also a failing of people in general, because people as a whole are too stupid to not have to be told to wear a clean mask, dispose of dirty ones, and wear it properly. The name of the game was reducing everything, not preventing it.

Edit: go back up one to what Mihlfeldl2005 just said; then re-read it again. Part of whole.

·
Registered
474 Posts
If you’re not wearing a mask in a public setting then you are a asshole , the people who refuse to wear one clearly hasn’t had Covid or knows anybody who has had a bad case. How bad ass are ya if if ya bring it home to your family and they are the unlucky one who dies or suffers major health problems. THINK about someone besides yourself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,273 Posts
We have to wear a mask to protect ourselves (or others) from a disease that you have to be tested to know that you have it. Not to mention that rates are going down, the flu, heart disease, diabetes and all other sorts of deaths have mysteriously disappeared. It's funny. I work in a building with 55 other people. The CDC says we don't need to wear masks here because we are not within 6 feet of anyone for 15 continuous minutes. I can pass you in the hallway, bathroom, kitchen and as long as we don't stay together for 15 minutes, we don't need masks.
This is not my opinion - we have been inspected more than once. No one here wears a mask and we have not had an outbreak. How the fuck can that happen????

On the other hand, I'm committing a cultural sin if I pass you in the aisle for 10 seconds at the grocery store. Fucking stupid and inconsistent.

·
Cup holders & Rollbars
555 Posts
If you’re not wearing a mask in a public setting then you are a asshole , the people who refuse to wear one clearly hasn’t had Covid or knows anybody who has had a bad case. How bad ass are ya if if ya bring it home to your family and they are the unlucky one who dies or suffers major health problems. THINK about someone besides yourself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Said the SHEEPLE

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,557 Posts
We have to wear a mask to protect ourselves (or others) from a disease that you have to be tested to know that you have it. Not to mention that rates are going down, the flu, heart disease, diabetes and all other sorts of deaths have mysteriously disappeared. It's funny. I work in a building with 55 other people. The CDC says we don't need to wear masks here because we are not within 6 feet of anyone for 15 continuous minutes. I can pass you in the hallway, bathroom, kitchen and as long as we don't stay together for 15 minutes, we don't need masks.
This is not my opinion - we have been inspected more than once. No one here wears a mask and we have not had an outbreak. How the fuck can that happen????

On the other hand, I'm committing a cultural sin if I pass you in the aisle for 10 seconds at the grocery store. Fucking stupid and inconsistent
Quoted cause it's funny and true. Those kinds of guidelines dont' make any sense, like the virus is waiting inside 6ft being like "7 more minutes and this chump is mine"...moves out of 6 ft range "damn you, so close!"

They at least need to have the gumption to say, mask suck wear, so these are the guidelines that will also help prevent spread; nothing is gonna be perfect, so this is a meeting point.

instead, it's "fuck you, you do this, now", " you don't and you die. you all family die"

Similar for the anti-maskers. Stop acting like your falling on the knife just out of the sheer duty you feel, and just call it what it is. You don't want to wear a mask, have the balls to say it like it and stop trying to justify your decision based on some nonsense bullshit that you would have almost no actual knowledge of.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts