Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I just posted this not knowing line speed, forgive me winch god.

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not really. Its the 8K winch that HF makes direct from the original manufacturer.

·
AS-IS is AS-IS!
1,142 Posts
MileMarker, Ramsey, Champion, the lower end models are all made by the same place in China. Not a bad winch for the money. Faster than the hydro MM I used to have ... now THAT was SLOW!

·
Premium Member
42,949 Posts
Sorry, I just posted this not knowing line speed, forgive me winch god.
whoa there charlie, I was just stating the facts on the winch. I would hate for a first time winch buyer to have been around warn's and t-max's and end up disappointed with performance.

I've had a milemarker and I still have a ramsey. They're annoyingly slow, but neither ever failed me.

My warn had a solenoid go bad, and I also had to replace the motor.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I am not in any competitions so speed really isn't that important to me my buddy has the warn 9500 ti and that thing flies, but he has had to replace solonoids 2 times on it. I have the milemarker and have yet to have any problems with it and I used it a lot yesterday.

·
Always right-sometimes
1,873 Posts
Just thought I'd throw in my opinion on those cheap winches. I bought a 10,000# Champion. I've been through 3 motors and I've never really put a hard pull on it. It's slower than a hand cranked winch and I could have build a better remote out of legos. Save up the money and buy a real winch, you really do get what you pay for.

·
Stick it up your ass
3,071 Posts
go to your local Costco and it is $299.99 if they have them at your local location.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.