Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Home Sweet Homicide
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to find out when the races in Bark River were going to be Aug. I went to WSORR's website and it wasn't there! After some research I found out CORR and WSORR are both out this year. Ricky Johnson (remember him from his motocross days with Bob "Hurricane" Hannah?) has started a new more national series, TORC, The Off Road Championship.

http://www.torcseries.com/index.php

I hope they get the HD race coverage again. That was awesome stuff last year.

They do have the nomal 2 races scheduled for Bark River this year too.

·
Registered
7,508 Posts
i think its a great thing. it will give more of a chance for national coverage for everyone. corr got some nbc coverage last year. and wsorr got speed coverage last year. hopefully this year they will both get nbc and speed coverage.

im gonna try and make bark river this year.

·
I can levitate!
9,241 Posts
There will be short course racing this year. I think Ricky J's series is going to take off but we will have to wait and see. There is still a TV deal thru the CORR contract, its just weather or not that gets transfered to the TORC. I am pretty sure RJ bought the series from the Baldwins.

I am sick of listening to Brendan Gaughan anyways.

·
Home Sweet Homicide
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went to the Bark River race a couple years ago. I loved it but I have been a fan of this short course for many years.

I guess the drivers had a lot of input. None of them really liked having to run back and forth from East to West last year to run both series (but many of the did it). Between that and running both Pro4 & Pro2 last year, Johnny Greaves (my favorite) didn't do all that well. I hope he does better this year!

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
This was posted on www.rosshoek.com in the WSORR forum.

To Drivers, Sponsors, Spectators, and Everybody in the off-road family:

Due to circumstances over which we have no control we would like to inform you that WSORR had ceased as of Feb. 1, 2009. All of us at the Series would like to Thank the Pro, Sportsman, and Grassroots racers and teams, All of our valued sponsors, Terry Severson and the Whole Tech Crew, And the many volunteers that helped us along the way. It has been a real challenge to keep a High Level of Short-Course Off-Road Racing alive and doing well in The Midwest. With the advent of TORC with Ricky Johnson and Mitch Covington at the helm, dedicated off-road venues such as Crandon and Bark River will continue to host and promote their successful racing events.

WSORR

·
YJ now
1,408 Posts
I hope the new series takes off. The NBC coverage of CORR really elevated the sport and made it exciting to watch (not that it wasnt already)

·
Home Sweet Homicide
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was just kind of surprised as to how much digging I had to do to find anything out. I checked Dirt Sports mag, Speed, and a couple others for info and couldn't really find anything. They better get to getting the word out soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts