Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1521 - 1532 of 1532 Posts

·
Yooper In Training
7,168 Posts
Where has everyone had the best luck getting their shots from? As of late I've heard of quite a few friends and family getting in at RiteAid quicker than anywhere else. With my eligibility coming up pretty quick here, I need to start getting in line. I'm sure there's already a huge flood of others doing the same so I'm gonna have to wait a while.

·
Gustafson
9,822 Posts
Where has everyone had the best luck getting their shots from? As of late I've heard of quite a few friends and family getting in at RiteAid quicker than anywhere else. With my eligibility coming up pretty quick here, I need to start getting in line. I'm sure there's already a huge flood of others doing the same so I'm gonna have to wait a while.
I live in Macomb County and around here there are a lot of locations. it was really easy for me to sign up.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,083 Posts
I have a neighbor friend who tells me this type of vaccine has been being researched for almost 30 years. New to us? Yes. New to the medical field? Not as much.
That's what I've read also. The "untested" part is how effective it is, and for how long, not if it's safe for people.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,083 Posts
Mine got set up through my healthcare provider.

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,597 Posts
Yep, I would expect the same. Essentially just an annual booster as new mutations and variants evolve, just like the flu or any other virus.

Also, the "untested" thing that Aber said is a bit of a fallacy. I was much more skeptical at first, and still am somewhat as I've discussed before, but calling it "untested" isn't true. At best I'd say "limited testing". The long term trials haven't been completed because there's no replacement for time in those trials. And that's what worries me, many others, and is probably what Aber is alluding to. It's a valid concern without a doubt, but even with the unknowns it still appears to be much lower risk for long term health effects than the virus itself. Point being, even though there are still some unknowns, "untested" is still an inaccurate statement. All the short term testing was and has been very very positive. And just the type of vaccine it is makes it inherently safer than the typical flu shot style that's injecting you with a limited amount of the virus itself. No virus here, it's mimicking the spike protein that the virus uses to join with cells and replicate. It helps your body recognize that protein and be prepared to fight/kill it off before your system ever sees the virus itself. It was in development for a long time for other illnesses and was modified for this coronavirus. It's not untested, it's not changing your DNA, it's not injecting dead virus into your body, etc.
x2

And this has already been said before; Aber and those like him just refuse to accept it.

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
x2

And this has already been said before; Aber and those like him just refuse to accept it.
I was skeptical at first but my doctor and wife both said pretty much the same thing having to do with the spike protein used to help fight off an infection. Wife's doctor said something about this kind of medical tech could be a huge breakthrough to fight cancer cells.
I was contacted through my healthcare provider to come in and get my first of two shots. Next week will be the second shot

·
Yooper In Training
7,168 Posts
My wife and I became eligible on Monday, just managed to snag a pair of appointments for next week.

·
Yooper In Training
7,168 Posts
My wife and I are going Saturday.

"SHOT TIME"
Nice! I found a few openings yesterday for Saturday, but we'll be camping on the west side of the state this weekend. I'm told Ford Field and TCF Center have more vaccine available than people wanting it and have begun taking walk-ins, but I'd rather take my risks with the virus for another week than cart my asss down to Detroit.

·
Gustafson
9,822 Posts
Nice! I found a few openings yesterday for Saturday, but we'll be camping on the west side of the state this weekend. I'm told Ford Field and TCF Center have more vaccine available than people wanting it and have begun taking walk-ins, but I'd rather take my risks with the virus for another week than cart my asss down to Detroit.
Hahaha, I understand.

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
Wife and I just received our 2nd shot yesterday. After the 10m days to be fully vaccinated, if 95 percent is considered fully. The mask comes off.

1521 - 1532 of 1532 Posts