Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1481 - 1499 of 1499 Posts

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,268 Posts
Both my wife and I have sore joints ever since Covid. She pretty much aches all over. My left knee and both of my thumbs seem to be sore like never before. Coincidence? I don't know.

·
Gustafson
9,575 Posts
Both my wife and I have sore joints ever since Covid. She pretty much aches all over. My left knee and both of my thumbs seem to be sore like never before. Coincidence? I don't know.
Virus' can cause inflammation. I would say with all the reported "after affects" of covid, IMO this sounds completely possible. How long ago would you say you recovered?

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,548 Posts
Get my second dose tomorrow afternoon; hopefully it works it's way through my immune system by work on Monday. Wife had her second dose about 3 weeks ago; she described it as she fell and went rolling down a hill; the second day after the shot; then the 3rd she was back to about 75%, 4th day, 100%, no problems.

Seems to go that way for the majority of people; day or two of absolute garbage feeling; then the next back to normal like nothing happened. Still better than getting covid-19, IMO.

·
Gustafson
9,575 Posts
Get my second dose tomorrow afternoon; hopefully it works it's way through my immune system by work on Monday. Wife had her second dose about 3 weeks ago; she described it as she fell and went rolling down a hill; the second day after the shot; then the 3rd she was back to about 75%, 4th day, 100%, no problems.

Seems to go that way for the majority of people; day or two of absolute garbage feeling; then the next back to normal like nothing happened. Still better than getting covid-19, IMO.
Do you know what shot she got? Do you know what shot you are getting? (Pfizer or Moderna)

·
Yooper In Training
7,093 Posts
Pretty much the same thing for my dad, except he got it on a Friday and Monday was the day he felt like crap. Seems to be sooner for most people, and sounds like younger people tend to feel the effects worse than older. I just told him the older people already feel like crap, so the difference is just less noticeable for them!

·
Gustafson
9,575 Posts
Pretty much the same thing for my dad, except he got it on a Friday and Monday was the day he felt like crap. Seems to be sooner for most people, and sounds like younger people tend to feel the effects worse than older. I just told him the older people already feel like crap, so the difference is just less noticeable for them!
Bahahaha! That's funny.

·
Gustafson
9,575 Posts
I just spoke to my FIL who lives in South Carolina. He got his second shot yesterday and feels fine. We will see if that continues to be the case over the next few days.

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,548 Posts

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,548 Posts
How did you feel after your shot?
First shot I had a sore arm for a day, not horrible but like i got a good punch in it.

Got my second dose yeasterday. After a couple hours I got really fatigued, arm a bit swollem at injection site. Slept ok, then today has been lots of full body soreness. Best description is i feel like I was hit by a bus. Lots of fatigue and muscle soreness. About 8pm I realized I feel lots better, soreness and muscle stiffnes gone. Now i feel 80%, just sleepy tired, ready for a good nights rest.

My coworkers got the same shots at the same times as well, one her symptoms were almost the same as mine. We are 6 months apart in age, my boss was feeling tired today, runny nose then about 5 she said she felt 100% no problems at all. Shes 40ish. Last guy didnt have hardly anything, said his arm hurt yesterday after the shot, but not a thing since. Hes 54.

·
Gustafson
9,575 Posts
It almost seems like the older ones who get the shot have less symptoms.... Maybe it's because they have been exposed to more shit over the years? IDK....

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,548 Posts
It almost seems like the older ones who get the shot have less symptoms.... Maybe it's because they have been exposed to more shit over the years? IDK....
My wife said that's how it's been, the older the person, the less side effects of the second dose. I kinda just assume it's the immune system it the older you are it may not be as strong as a younger person. That's what causes the side effects for it, your immune response.

This morning I feel 10x better. Wouldn't say 100% but close to it.

·
Registered
8,976 Posts
First shot I had a sore arm for a day, not horrible but like i got a good punch in it.

Got my second dose yeasterday. After a couple hours I got really fatigued, arm a bit swollem at injection site. Slept ok, then today has been lots of full body soreness. Best description is i feel like I was hit by a bus. Lots of fatigue and muscle soreness. About 8pm I realized I feel lots better, soreness and muscle stiffnes gone. Now i feel 80%, just sleepy tired, ready for a good nights rest.

My coworkers got the same shots at the same times as well, one her symptoms were almost the same as mine. We are 6 months apart in age, my boss was feeling tired today, runny nose then about 5 she said she felt 100% no problems at all. Shes 40ish. Last guy didnt have hardly anything, said his arm hurt yesterday after the shot, but not a thing since. Hes 54.
ok, side effects are minimal, good to know thanks.

1481 - 1499 of 1499 Posts