Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1461 - 1480 of 1499 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
At this point, I've concluded either I'm immune by some miracle and so is my wife, or we've both had it and didn't even notice it.

I work for FCA, I meet dozens of people weekly, travel all over the midwest, since the pandemic I've been to Brampton ON twice, TNAP monthly, HQ weekly, I went to Mississippi, New Orleans, Alabama, all over the UP...

I eat out everywhere I go, when I can.

I wash my hands, like I always have because I'm not a heathen.

I wear a mask where mandated, it's cloth with giant gaps around the seams.

I go to flea markets, stores, factories... I eat out at the naughty restaurants that stay open when I can.

My wife works in the Covid wing of her hospital.

Other than the initial scare at the end of last February with 10% death rates out of Italy, we've done literally no quarantining whatsoever.

I'm really the poster child for someone who should have had this, and by some lunatics wishes, died a horrible death.

Now that I've posted this, I'll probably die of Covid next week lol.

·
Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
3,995 Posts
I don't know if any of you have gotten your vaccine but the second shot kicked my ass for about twenty four hours.

Wife got really angry when I told her that this must be what women feel like during labor

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Yooper In Training
7,093 Posts
I don't know if any of you have gotten your vaccine but the second shot kicked my ass for about twenty four hours.

Wife got really angry when I told her that this must be what women feel like during labor

My dad had his second shot last Friday. He said Saturday and Sunday he was just a little more sore than usual, Monday it hit him pretty hard like a strong flu, by Tuesday he was back to normal. It means it's working though, so not much to complain about there.

I'm still skeptical on the safety of the vaccine, but so far not seeing much to be concerned about. Most of the reported incidents swarming through social media are either statistically irrelevant, are grasping at straws, or are happening at the same rate the issues would be in the general population anyway. And I'm not talking about allergic reactions, those are unavoidable with any vaccine, that's just a fact with varying genetics.

·
Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
3,995 Posts
The people that I've seen arguing against it are the ones touting "unknown long term effects" yet they also ignore the unknown long term effects of the virus. My thought process was that since the rich people are all lining up to get it then it can't be that bad

·
Yooper In Training
7,093 Posts
The people that I've seen arguing against it are the ones touting "unknown long term effects" yet they also ignore the unknown long term effects of the virus. My thought process was that since the rich people are all lining up to get it then it can't be that bad

Yeah, based on all data so far the risks and long term effects of the virus appear to be far worse than the vaccine, whether you're young and healthy or old and feeble.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,268 Posts
As a Covid survivor, I am not in a big hurry for the vaccine but am not opposed to it for anyone that wants it. Will I eventually get the vaccine? Probably, not due to a major concern but more so because I think it will end up being a requirement of society for things like air and international travel.

·
Registered
8,973 Posts
As a Covid survivor, I am not in a big hurry for the vaccine but am not opposed to it for anyone that wants it. Will I eventually get the vaccine? Probably, not due to a major concern but more so because I think it will end up being a requirement of society for things like air and international travel.

This right here^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
People tend to latch on to any shred of proof for things they like and ignore everything to the contrary.

It's interesting to me that the typical anti-vax left is all in on COVID vaccines, while the typical pro-vax right is all against them lol.

Personally, I still see no reason to get one for myself, same as the flu. I'm simply not on a high risk category if I do contract it.

·
Low Range Drifter
8,265 Posts
So I've been hearing where Biden wants to impose travel restrictions to/from Florida because it's such a mess.

But why? Florida has crazy numbers of old people, isn't shut down, and yet is doing as good or better than the lock down states? I mean, it couldn't be because it's run by a Repub? Because Biden follows the science, right?

Attachments

·
Gustafson
9,575 Posts
So I've been hearing where Biden wants to impose travel restrictions to/from Florida because it's such a mess.

But why? Florida has crazy numbers of old people, isn't shut down, and yet is doing as good or better than the lock down states? I mean, it couldn't be because it's run by a Repub? Because Biden follows the science, right?
:rolleyes: Sure he does...

·
Registered
473 Posts
Still haven’t recovered. I don’t think the Rona got me that bad but it’s what it’s lead too that has. Saturday will be 3 weeks since exposure, I went to my family dr a week ago and I had a nasty upper respiratory infection, double ear infection, sinusitis plus a really bad sore throat, I have sleep apnea and if you get a sore throat it’s the worse thing you will ever have In ur life. I feel a lot better but far from 100%. Still wake up hacking coughing phlegm to the point of vomiting, a lot of blood clots coming up too. Today is first time I’ve really been out the house in a week. Just no energy or motivation

That being said. I would suggest anybody get the vaccination. This thing wrecks ya and surely the side effects are minimal to this. But back to work Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1461 - 1480 of 1499 Posts