Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1401 - 1420 of 1432 Posts

·
Gustafson
9,406 Posts
Hmmm.... You are not the first to say that this time last year there was something that went through and got a lot of people really sick. I was one who thought I had covid way back before this was "a thing" because I was sicker than I had ever been in my life. Sadly, the antibody test came back negative.

·
Gustafson
9,406 Posts
So, now that the vaccine is rolling out, is everyone onboard with taking it?

My SIL works for Beaumont so she had her first shot the other day. No side effects so far.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
So, now that the vaccine is rolling out, is everyone onboard with taking it?

My SIL works for Beaumont so she had her first shot the other day. No side effects so far.
I don't think it's CIA mind control or anything off the wall like that, but I don't personally see a reason for myself or wife to get it.

We're 40, reasonably fit, no underlying conditions. With the actuary tables the way they are, I'm at no real risk.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
I'm going to probably get the vaccine eventually but I'll hold off for awhile just to see what the long term effects are.
They can't make a vaccine that is 100% safe for all people.
Plus so many zombie movie opening scenes have been playing in my head since they announced the vaccine.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Gustafson
9,406 Posts
The point of the vaccine is to create heard immunity. We either need people to get the shot or get the virus. Personally, I have underlying medical conditions, so I'll take my chances with the shot...

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I'm pretty sure everyone is going to get it in the end. Unless they dodge with a vaccine.

Goofy things like allowing movies but not allowing anyone to eat popcorn in the movies isn't going to stop any spread of a virus lol.

I just don't care if I get it. But the results of our antibody tests will really decide whether or not we get the vaccine.

·
Gustafson
9,406 Posts
I'm pretty sure everyone is going to get it in the end. Unless they dodge with a vaccine.

Goofy things like allowing movies but not allowing anyone to eat popcorn in the movies isn't going to stop any spread of a virus lol.

I just don't care if I get it. But the results of our antibody tests will really decide whether or not we get the vaccine.
:LOL: Good point.

·
Yooper In Training
7,072 Posts
I'm not deadset against it and I don't think it's microchipped or anything, but I don't think it's proven safe yet either. It's just safe so far. There's no substitute for clinical trials, and those aren't slated to be done for well over a year IIRC. I'm not opposed to getting it later, but I'm in no rush whatsoever for it either. I'll let the other more worried people be the guinea pigs and find out what side effects there really are. I've researched it a fair amount, and everything about it sounds pretty safe, but this whole RNA vaccine technology is pretty damn new still, so anyone who says they're 100% confident in it is a liar. It's not changing our DNA or anything like some people claim, and it's been in the works for years for other disease, I forget which one(s), but it's still not fully proven. Due to varying genetics, allergies, and sensitivities, no vaccine will ever be 100% safe for 100% of people, that's just an undeniable fact. This one is likely as good as any based on what it's meant to do and how it does it, but it's still early and we just don't have the full data set yet. So far so good does not necessarily mean that it's truly good. I'm still glad it's moving forward into wider availability, but I'm also not rushing out to get it.

·
Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
3,915 Posts
I've gotten my first dose of the Moderna, so far so good. My theory was that rich people were lining up for it so it can't be that bad

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
I've gotten my first dose of the Moderna, so far so good. My theory was that rich people were lining up for it so it can't be that bad

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Yeah but what were the rich folk given?
Gotta let my conspiracy part of my mind loose every once and awhile 🥸

·
Gustafson
9,406 Posts
Yeah but what were the rich folk given?
Gotta let my conspiracy part of my mind loose every once and awhile 🥸

This was my thought as well. Hahaha

·
Desert Rat
7,031 Posts
People be waiting on the vaccine just to make sure no one will be growing extra limbs.
I personally, hope this is a side effect.

·
Gustafson
9,406 Posts
People be waiting on the vaccine just to make sure no one will be growing extra limbs.
I personally, hope this is a side effect.
I personally think that there will not be a ton of side effects. My concern is will it work against these new strands they are finding. Usually there are 4-5-6-etc. "updates" to a vaccine before it is good enough to cover all strands of a virus. I believe I read this was the case with the measles or chicken pox vaccine.

·
Desert Rat
7,031 Posts
I personally think that there will not be a ton of side effects. My concern is will it work against these new strands they are finding. Usually there are 4-5-6-etc. "updates" to a vaccine before it is good enough to cover all strands of a virus. I believe I read this was the case with the measles or chicken pox vaccine.
It was a joke. I only have one leg.

Reactions: busyfixin

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,418
It was a joke. I only have one leg.
While it has to suck at times to have only one leg, I find it amazing that you are able to make light of it and not let it hold you back. :cool:(y)

·
Desert Rat
7,031 Posts
Wouldn’t want to “step on any toes”.

1401 - 1420 of 1432 Posts