Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1341 - 1360 of 1366 Posts

·
Registered
8,851 Posts
I am ok with continuing to work remotely.
I have been busy painting since this all started. Have only had 3 weeks off and last weekend was the first weekend I had off in 5 weeks. I really can't complain since I am working and have not gotten sick. Life is good.

·
Gustafson
9,290 Posts
So what does everyone think of these cases and hospitalizations continuing to rise?

·
Old School
33,034 Posts
It's a virus, like the common cold and herpes. We don't have a cure for either of those. Masks alone won't stop it, neither will shutting down everything, it mutates too fast. Eventually everyone will get it. It could be contained with just simple hygiene, about all that covid has shown is how disgusting most of the population really is.

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,130 Posts
So what does everyone think of these cases and hospitalizations continuing to rise?
I think it sucks. I am actually working for the first time since March, and with what is happening it's going to severly endanger me being able to keep working on the projects in the que.

My wife works at a hospital, July - September saw the # of cases stabilize and their ICU capacity was at about 30% utilized.
Fast forward to a week ago and now all the hospitals in the area are up to 100% capacity again, threatening to overload the medical system.

It's a virus, like the common cold and herpes. We don't have a cure for either of those. Masks alone won't stop it, neither will shutting down everything, it mutates too fast. Eventually everyone will get it. It could be contained with just simple hygiene, about all that covid has shown is how disgusting most of the population really is.

Yup, this, a lot. Even before COVID I had started wearing a mask on flights, and wiping things down with clorox wipes as I had grown tired of getting sick from my constant travel, and on flights / in airports were the majority of times i was close to lots of other people.
Yes it's mutating,and spreading, and their will be no 100% erradication, but to my point above it's about not overloading the healthcare system which is where we are again headed.

I have had a few people I know end up in the ICU with this, it's not pretty.
Or as the wife puts it
"Have you ever had an ass tube? Do you want an Ass tube? You get a severe case of COVID and end up in the ICU on a vent, you also end up with tubes coming out of every orifice, and you don't want that."

If people would adhere to the mask policy, reasonable distancing, and wash their damn hands this would move this whole unfortunate event along and get us past it.

The project i'm currently doing we are following all the precautions, everyone had to have a negative test prior to arriving on-site for the first time, and we do testing on-site twice a week to be sure everything is still kosher. Which (Knock on wood), we've been good so far.

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,346
So, we are saying ass tubes are bad?

Wat happened to surprise butseks???

·
Low Range Drifter
8,143 Posts
There are 16 students with covid at my kid's high school, with an enrollment of around 2,000 students. They are going virtual and sports are canceled until at least Dec 8.

Good to see we are closing down a school over <1% of the population. Also, no information on if they contracted the covid at school or a school function, or away from school.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,129 Posts
There are 16 students with covid at my kid's high school, with an enrollment of around 2,000 students. They are going virtual and sports are canceled until at least Dec 8.

Good to see we are closing down a school over <1% of the population. Also, no information on if they contracted the covid at school or a school function, or away from school.
So much over reaction going on that doesn't make sense. College football is OK but High School is not. 11 seventeen year old's crashing into each other is dangerous but 11 twenty year old's is totally safe. Got it................

·
Low Range Drifter
8,143 Posts
So much over reaction going on that doesn't make sense. College football is OK but High School is not. 11 seventeen year old's crashing into each other is dangerous but 11 twenty year old's is totally safe. Got it................
From what I can tell, the teens that are getting covid are getting it from hanging around each other while not doing school-related activities. It doesn't seem like there's much data showing students doing sanctioned events are getting sick and passing it around. I mean how could they get it at school since they have to wear masks.. and the same with while playing sports in Michigan.

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,351
I am in the Muskegon area. I guess hospitals are in rough shape here. Tough to keep them staffed and almost tight on empty beds. This area is also saturated with dumb and unhealthy people, probably part of the issue...???

·
Gustafson
9,290 Posts
I am in the Muskegon area. I guess hospitals are in rough shape here. Tough to keep them staffed and almost tight on empty beds. This area is also saturated with dumb and unhealthy people, probably part of the issue...???
I'm sure it's that and the fact that a lot of people are just tired of this. I know several people who have said they just don't care anymore.

·
Registered
8,851 Posts
Biden says more people will die unless he gets his transition team in the white house so he can save us all.
I really don't get how the government will control this virus. They have been unsuccessful with the flu virus and climate change. But that don't stop them from trying.
How many will be ready to take the vaccine when it comes out? The claim is close to 95%

·
Gustafson
9,290 Posts
The problem is they don't know how long the immunity lasts. Will we need to administer this yearly like the flu vaccine? Or will this be a one shot (pun intended) deal?

·
Registered
8,851 Posts
The problem is they don't know how long the immunity lasts. Will we need to administer this yearly like the flu vaccine? Or will this be a one shot (pun intended) deal?
Hopefully this virus will only effect us once like the chicken pox. It is rare for someone to get it twice but it has happened. I do not intend to get a shot. Not a fan of getting doses of poison injected into me.

·
Balls Deep
4,553 Posts
So we "agreed" to slow down for 14 days to flatten the curve (So that we wouldn't overwhelm the hospitals) because there is no control of it and we need to be able to get everyone in and out of the hospitals in a constant and efficient method. Everyone will have to get it, we just want to make sure the hospitals will be available in a good capacity to deal with iy and get it done over the summer as rhe warm weather helps minimize it's effects.

Then instead of doing so, we shut everything down and F'ed tons of people all year long (including the hospitals), wasting the warm weather and the slow hospitals.

Noone gave a shit about getting people through the process of getting sick, getting help, and getting better all summer long, but rather circle jerked the Governor and her ridiculous declarations. Now all of a sudden it's my fault because I don't wear a mask when I take a shit in my own house?

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,129 Posts
So we "agreed" to slow down for 14 days to flatten the curve (So that we wouldn't overwhelm the hospitals) because there is no control of it and we need to be able to get everyone in and out of the hospitals in a constant and efficient method. Everyone will have to get it, we just want to make sure the hospitals will be available in a good capacity to deal with iy and get it done over the summer as rhe warm weather helps minimize it's effects.

Then instead of doing so, we shut everything down and F'ed tons of people all year long (including the hospitals), wasting the warm weather and the slow hospitals.

Noone gave a shit about getting people through the process of getting sick, getting help, and getting better all summer long, but rather circle jerked the Governor and her ridiculous declarations. Now all of a sudden it's my fault because I don't wear a mask when I take a shit in my own house?

It is awesome that you understand. :)

·
Premium Member
787 Posts

When I shit I take the mask off use it to wipe my ass.
That's why you're supposed to wear a mask when you shit. It saves the precious toilet paper

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

1341 - 1360 of 1366 Posts