Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1261 - 1280 of 1295 Posts

·
Cup holders & Rollbars
540 Posts
Why? Not saying we should all live in a bubble or not try and fix out economy, but if a bunch of people are out and about acting like irresponsible morons it could land us all back in another shutdown. Ultimately it is what it is because they're not going to listen to me, but what's wrong with having an opinion on it? Stupid people can once again affect all of us.
Because most of us have already had it. Get on with life. Prepare for the next drama.

·
Project Antitube
884 Posts
Quit worrying about it. :fish:
Nuh huh. I want it to slowly and systematically course through the population so when my fatass self ends up in the hospital with COVIDflu they won't triage me and pick the Call of Duty LARPing basement dweller to live over me.

Economically, we can't have too many people having it at once either. As it is there will be an entire generation of people that were supposed to be joining the workforce that are going to be adversely impacted by this for the rest of their careers.

I could use some cheap vacation property.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,097 Posts
Why? Not saying we should all live in a bubble or not try and fix out economy, but if a bunch of people are out and about acting like irresponsible morons it could land us all back in another shutdown. Ultimately it is what it is because they're not going to listen to me, but what's wrong with having an opinion on it? Stupid people can once again affect all of us.
Nuh huh. I want it to slowly and systematically course through the population so when my fatass self ends up in the hospital with COVIDflu they won't triage me and pick the Call of Duty LARPing basement dweller to live over me.

Economically, we can't have too many people having it at once either. As it is there will be an entire generation of people that were supposed to be joining the workforce that are going to be adversely impacted by this for the rest of their careers.

I could use some cheap vacation property.
Why? Because it ain't gonna happen. Every bit of data that has forced us to shut down and destroy lives has been exaggerated and over played.

Because most of us have already had it. Get on with life. Prepare for the next drama.
I'm not sure how many people have had it. The antibody tests seem to be sketchy and I know several people who "swear" they had it did not test positive. My wife and I have both been tested, as have my firefighter daughter and her firefighter husband and we all tested negative.

·
Gustafson
9,049 Posts
My employer is proposing managers return to the office on 7/6. It is my managers decision how much longer myself and other members of my department stay home. I have to be honest, I am a little nervous about returning to the office, and I am REALLY nervous about sending my son back to daycare.

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
the problem is, if what they say is true, they can all be asymptomatic and start this all over again. Hopefully that's not the case and like you said, we can get back to life...
Just heard the other day that asymptomatic people are not the ones spreading it, it is the ones that are sneezing, running nose and coughing. This comes from Fauci himself. If what he says is true. He has changed his tune a few times already.
This virus will run its course with or without social distancing. Stats show that any of us have a greater chance of getting killed in a car accident that catching corona and dying from it.
Conservatives were demonized for protesting about the lock downs and most of those people stayed in their cars for the most part.
Protests began and we had thousands of people gathering with and without masks and nobody said a word. Whitmer even joined in, shoulder to shoulder. Rules for some but not for others.

·
LCG HIJKLMNOP
7,815 Posts
I was home for a month and have been back to work since. Nobody in our 100+ person shop floor or office has had a confirmed case. I know for a fact 100+ people aren't being that serious so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Life is a lottery, you can get taken out by a blown semi tire quicker than covid. Live your life.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,097 Posts
Just heard the other day that asymptomatic people are not the ones spreading it, it is the ones that are sneezing, running nose and coughing. This comes from Fauci himself. If what he says is true. He has changed his tune a few times already.
This virus will run its course with or without social distancing. Stats show that any of us have a greater chance of getting killed in a car accident that catching corona and dying from it.
Conservatives were demonized for protesting about the lock downs and most of those people stayed in their cars for the most part.
Protests began and we had thousands of people gathering with and without masks and nobody said a word. Whitmer even joined in, shoulder to shoulder. Rules for some but not for others.
I don't think this is true. Right now we have 113,000 Covid deaths in the US. The most recent car accident death rate in the US that I could find was 2018 where there were 36,560. So, we are half way thru 2020 with 113,000 Covid deaths. Let's be optimistic and say we are only gonna add another 25% for the remainder of the year. That takes us up to 141,250 Covid deaths for 2020. Divide that by 36,560 and it equals Covid being 3.8 times more deadly than car accidents.
(Note I found another report that 2018 had 39,404 which makes Covid 3.6 times more deadly) Either way, Covid is more deadly than car accidents.

·
Premium Member
4,452 Posts
I was home for a month and have been back to work since. Nobody in our 100+ person shop floor or office has had a confirmed case. I know for a fact 100+ people aren't being that serious so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Life is a lottery, you can get taken out by a blown semi tire quicker than covid. Live your life.
Yup :thumb:

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
I don't think this is true. Right now we have 113,000 Covid deaths in the US. The most recent car accident death rate in the US that I could find was 2018 where there were 36,560. So, we are half way thru 2020 with 113,000 Covid deaths. Let's be optimistic and say we are only gonna add another 25% for the remainder of the year. That takes us up to 141,250 Covid deaths for 2020. Divide that by 36,560 and it equals Covid being 3.8 times more deadly than car accidents.
(Note I found another report that 2018 had 39,404 which makes Covid 3.6 times more deadly) Either way, Covid is more deadly than car accidents.
That is an incorrect statement, there are 113,000 people that died "with" covid, not necessarily as a result of covid.

when ever someone starts justifying there actions with made-up numbers I always think back to all the other fake crisis we have seen in our life time "the Ice age is coming" nope "Global Warming is happening" nope " climate change" or maybe we need to "save the whales" or "save the the rainforest" shit we can't forget the Polar bears.

RBB

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,097 Posts
That is an incorrect statement, there are 113,000 people that died "with" covid, not necessarily as a result of covid.

RBB
I won't argue this but from a historic statement, Covid will go down as having caused more deaths in 2020 than car accidents.

·
Low Range Drifter
8,114 Posts
2 weeks post Memorial Day, no massive increase in cases. I think Detroit is on day 10 or 11 of protests. Seems like most "experts" say cases start 7-14 days.

I'm back how to I normally was. I prefer to keep my distance, I'm not a close talker. I'd prefer to chat with someone from the 3-6' distance.

My daughter plays basketball. They have been doing outdoor practices since Memorial Day. Limited interaction, more workouts. So far nobody sick. Also have been watching the early adopter states that are already having tournaments, and so far no big outbreaks coming out of them.

It could happen, I also could get hit by a drunk driver.

Attachments

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
12,984 Posts

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
I won't argue this but from a historic statement, Covid will go down as having caused more deaths in 2020 than car accidents.
As a pandemic this will go down in history as a blip of a pandemic. Pandemics of the past have killed millions of people. I do believe this one has been inflated and over hyped. Mostly because its an election year.

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
As a pandemic this will go down in history as a blip of a pandemic. Pandemics of the past have killed millions of people. I do believe this one has been inflated and over hyped. Mostly because its an election year.
So something that started in Europe and was killing a ton of people there and hyped just as much there was designed to mess with our election?

·
Yooper In Training
7,050 Posts
Other states are showing increases as they've opened up;

https://www.yahoo.com/news/covid-19-increase-detected-us-093045353.html
Nah man, it's just hype. Totally unrelated....we're good. It won't happen here, it's just scare tactics.:blah::blah::blah:

So something that started in Europe and was killing a ton of people there and hyped just as much there was designed to mess with our election?
For sure. Europe and China hate Trump too, remember? It's definitely just a way to oust this wonderful swamp drainer of ours and return the status quo. Haven't you been paying attention?

·
Low Range Drifter
8,114 Posts
Well, they are protesting George Floyd in Europe.

Nah man, it's just hype. Totally unrelated....we're good. It won't happen here, it's just scare tactics.:blah::blah::blah:

For sure. Europe and China hate Trump too, remember? It's definitely just a way to oust this wonderful swamp drainer of ours and return the status quo. Haven't you been paying attention?
I'm watching daily... and I'm not too worried. I still practice social distancing, just like I've done since Jr High.

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
Glad to see everyone starting to see through the smoke and mirrors.

Wash your hands and stay healthy.
Not everyone is there yet. Hopefully soon.:thumb:

when ever someone starts justifying there actions with made-up numbers I always think back to all the other fake crisis we have seen in our life time "the Ice age is coming" nope "Global Warming is happening" nope " climate change" or maybe we need to "save the whales" or "save the the rainforest" shit we can't forget the Polar bears.

RBB
Don't forget acid rain. That was another failed prediction.

What I meant was that our elected officials seem to hype it up more and want to cast blame at Trump for not acting quick enough even though he was first to act while they were still trying to run a scam impeachment.

1261 - 1280 of 1295 Posts