Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1241 - 1260 of 1295 Posts

·
Gustafson
9,048 Posts
Just got confirmation that our campground for the next trip is opening June 8:rock::rock::rock: so our trip for the end of the month is still on. I'm soooooo excited. Still gonna keep any shopping and restaurants to minimum for obvious reasons.

I was just talking about can and bottle return money :sonicjay:
Besides having to burn about a week of vacation over the first month of shutdown, I've been fully gainfully employed, albeit 90% working from home.
That's great news!! I received word yesterday that ours will be open as of June 5th.

·
Gustafson
9,048 Posts
Is anyone interacting with people outside of their homes? I saw my dad and his wife for the second time since this whole thing started, that's the only people we've seen. (wife and i are both working from home)

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
I read that New Zealand is opening up completely. They had about 1500 +/- cases and 22 deaths. Locked down the country for 75 days and now they seem to have it beat.
I suppose we will see the results in a few weeks if their strategy worked.

On a side note for any conceal carriers. I read it is a class 4 felony violation of section 24-1(a)(9) no mask while carrying your weapon.

I also read that some red state cities, Minneapolis for one are thinking about if not floating the idea to defund the police in their cities.
Imagine Detroit or any other city with a few cops and no one to answer a 911 call. How do these people think this will go over? We thought the inner cities were bad now just wait and see how bad things will really get.

Lets not forget to mention the shoulder to shoulder protests and riots going on. Don't they know we are in a lock down and supposed to be keeping in with social distancing. We will see in a few weeks if not sooner if we have been sold a bag of lies. Will the covid numbers kick up or continue to decrease?

·
Gustafson
9,048 Posts
I read that New Zealand is opening up completely. They had about 1500 +/- cases and 22 deaths. Locked down the country for 75 days and now they seem to have it beat.
I suppose we will see the results in a few weeks if their strategy worked.

On a side note for any conceal carriers. I read it is a class 4 felony violation of section 24-1(a)(9) no mask while carrying your weapon.

I also read that some red state cities, Minneapolis for one are thinking about if not floating the idea to defund the police in their cities.
Imagine Detroit or any other city with a few cops and no one to answer a 911 call. How do these people think this will go over? We thought the inner cities were bad now just wait and see how bad things will really get.

Lets not forget to mention the shoulder to shoulder protests and riots going on. Don't they know we are in a lock down and supposed to be keeping in with social distancing. We will see in a few weeks if not sooner if we have been sold a bag of lies. Will the covid numbers kick up or continue to decrease?
i am very interested to see what the numbers show. Especially now that we are reopening things like bars, restaurants, hair salons, tattoo parlors, etc.

·
Hang all the thieves
1,664 Posts
Is anyone interacting with people outside of their homes? I saw my dad and his wife for the second time since this whole thing started, that's the only people we've seen. (wife and i are both working from home)
I'm not really interacting any more nor any less. Not to brag, but I was practicing social distancing before it was the "in" thing to do. :sonicjay:

·
Hang all the thieves
1,664 Posts
i am very interested to see what the numbers show. Especially now that we are reopening things like bars, restaurants, hair salons, tattoo parlors, etc.
That's great that all those places are open, but when the hell can I get a damn haircut? Lol.

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
Ever since they allowed the nonstop protests and riots to continue day after day and every night I thought the same thing. Lets wait and see what happens with corona.
I'm expecting a small uptick. If we see no increase but a decline then we know we were sold a huge lie.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Ever since they allowed the nonstop protests and riots to continue day after day and every night I thought the same thing. Lets wait and see what happens with corona.

I'm expecting a small uptick. If we see no increase but a decline then we know we were sold a huge lie.

You are such a piece of dried shriveled up dog shit. You encouraged people to go to Lansing to protest what you believe in but against protest for others for what they believe then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Gustafson
9,048 Posts
That's great that all those places are open, but when the hell can I get a damn haircut? Lol.
June 15th hair salons and barber shops are open again. So, next week.

·
Yooper In Training
7,050 Posts
Very little but some. We've seen my in-laws and my parents a few times in the past 4-6 weeks. Nothing really before that, which was hard on the grandparents and kids. In the past 3 weeks we've begun seeing very limited friends. 2 families to be specific. All the people mentioned have been super careful, cautious, and isolated all along so the risk vs reward was a pretty good scenario. I've been going into work 1-2 times a week, masks and health screenings required, minimal staff with heavy social distancing, etc. Still working remotely besides that.

This past weekend we went to a buddy's cabin in Lake County(1 of the previously mentioned 2 families we've lightly socialized with). That was a big step for us. We went and hung in the woods and had a great time besides the insane levels of pollen and ticks. 3 of 4 adults got ticks on them, 1 of 3 kids, and 1 of 2 dogs. Went to a fairly empty beach as well. We wanted to go out to eat but chose not to both for the locals' safety and ours.

I drove through the outskirts of Cadillac and saw tons of people and no masks. Don't think I saw a single mask at either of the 2 gas stations we stopped at either. Not stating an opinion there, just making an observation. Definitely lots of up north summer life going on, hopefully people continue to be smart about it.

Between the amount of people I saw, the increased socializing it seems like everyone is doing, the protests, the travel, it'll definitely be interesting to see what the next month brings. I hope I'll be pleasantly surprised.

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
Never really did to begin with a whole lot. We have had friends (a couple that has been well isolated) over a couple times the last few weeks. They came and hung around a fire Saturday.

We had dinner with my wife's parents from Texas twice this week, but we ate in the driveway and stayed apart since they just traveled from Texas last week. Before that travel they were pretty serious about quarantine.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,097 Posts
We are over it. We have seen our kids, grandkids, neighbors and friends. We are not all huggy and are keeping a little farther apart but not much. Last week we were allowed back on site for Holly Oaks ORV park and had a crew trimming trees together. Just bought a new truck and shook hands with the salesman. My dad was over to my place for the first time in 3 months. We didn't touch but we sat next to each other on the patio. He mentioned that there will be an uptick due to the protests. My response is that I highly doubt it. Many of the protesters are wearing masks to hide their face. They are outside and are mostly in the non-affected demographic.

Time to get back to life. :thumb:

·
Gustafson
9,048 Posts
We are over it. We have seen our kids, grandkids, neighbors and friends. We are not all huggy and are keeping a little farther apart but not much. Last week we were allowed back on site for Holly Oaks ORV park and had a crew trimming trees together. Just bought a new truck and shook hands with the salesman. My dad was over to my place for the first time in 3 months. We didn't touch but we sat next to each other on the patio. He mentioned that there will be an uptick due to the protests. My response is that I highly doubt it. Many of the protesters are wearing masks to hide their face. They are outside and are mostly in the non-affected demographic.

Time to get back to life. :thumb:
the problem is, if what they say is true, they can all be asymptomatic and start this all over again. Hopefully that's not the case and like you said, we can get back to life...

·
Project Antitube
884 Posts
You are such a piece of dried shriveled up dog shit. You encouraged people to go to flint to protest what you believe in but against protest for others for what they believe then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
No, alby is a bigot. A walking talking Karenized NIMBY. There are lots of them in this world, just somehow gl4x4 managed to largely have very few. The only reason anyone notices is because of the constant contradictory behavior. Otherwise, just another fucking sheep in the herd.

·
Yooper In Training
7,050 Posts
Quit worrying about it. :fish:
Why? Not saying we should all live in a bubble or not try and fix out economy, but if a bunch of people are out and about acting like irresponsible morons it could land us all back in another shutdown. Ultimately it is what it is because they're not going to listen to me, but what's wrong with having an opinion on it? Stupid people can once again affect all of us.

1241 - 1260 of 1295 Posts