Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
3001 - 3020 of 3029 Posts

· Premium Member
4,809 Posts
Well my fiancée tested positive for COVID last night. Two seperate in home test, from two different manufactures. Pretty sure that's a positive result :ROFLMAO: She came down with pretty bad flu like symptoms (body aches, chills, fever, cough, mucus) Xmas Eve day and has been feeling better every day since. This morning she was feeling pretty good minus still having mucus and feeling off. She was supposed to have surgery Thrusday and they asked her to take an in home test. Had it not been for that probably wouldn't have taken the test. We both have our shots and boosters. She's got a pretty weak immune system so we were suprised it took her this long to get COVID and that it hasn't been that bad for her.

· Registered
939 Posts
Well my fiancée tested positive for COVID last night. Two seperate in home test, from two different manufactures. Pretty sure that's a positive result :ROFLMAO: She came down with pretty bad flu like symptoms (body aches, chills, fever, cough, mucus) Xmas Eve day and has been feeling better every day since. This morning she was feeling pretty good minus still having mucus and feeling off. She was supposed to have surgery Thrusday and they asked her to take an in home test. Had it not been for that probably wouldn't have taken the test. We both have our shots and boosters. She's got a pretty weak immune system so we were suprised it took her this long to get COVID and that it hasn't been that bad for her.
Hopefully it doesn't mean her surgery will be postponed for too long.

· I only wheel a boat.
17,295 Posts
I have somehow managed to dodge this bug the entire time, my wife and boy have had it but not my daughter and I. Stupid work changed policies on exposures not being covered from paid time off. :teehee:
Now I have to actually catch it twice in 2023 to use the rest of my 160 covid paid hours.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

· Gustafson
10,843 Posts
Well now I've got the 'vid :confused: Just some sinus mucus for the time being. Luckily I can work from home and off work on Monday anyways. Fingers crossed I don't get the symptoms my fiancée did.
Hopefully you made it through this ok.

· Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,787 Posts
I was worried I finally got it and I've been fighting something for the past week, but no, I tested negative.

· Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,787 Posts
Well, it finally caught up with me, I have covid now.

· Yooper In Training
7,644 Posts
Just found out at least 3 people we were with at a party Friday night have come down with it, we'll see if I manage to continue dodging the bullet or not. Not very worried either way, but I obviously don't wanna be sick and I have a bunch of crap I really should be on site for for work so it'd be pretty inconvenient. I also wouldn't be mad to get it now and be that much less likely to get it going into our big vacation in 4 weeks.

Reactions: whiterhino

· Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,787 Posts
How are you feeling brewmenn?
Not to bad really. I think Sunday was the worst day so far. I'll go for a test tomorrow.

· Yooper In Training
7,644 Posts
Not to bad really. I think Sunday was the worst day so far. I'll go for a test tomorrow.
Good to hear, seems to be totally random how people feel with it regardless of the jab.

So far so good here, no signs or symptoms, my wife thought she had a bit of a runny nose so she took a test just to be safe and was negative. I'm sure we've been exposed a ton of times and didn't even know it, so it is what it is. Hopefully the worst thing I get out of the party is the bar tab and the hangover, both of which may actually have been worse than covid.

· Gustafson
10,843 Posts
I got my blood sample taken yesterday for my annual physical and they took extra for an antibody test. I'm curious what my antibody level will be after 2-1/4 years.
They might be higher than you think if you are in constant contact with people.

3001 - 3020 of 3029 Posts