Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
2501 - 2506 of 2506 Posts

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
There's been plenty of talk about monoclonal antibodies. Problem is, only 1 of the 3 versions of them does anything for omicron, so it essentially cut the supply by 66%, while need for it has gone through the roof, so they're rationing it for those at highest risk of adverse effects from the virus.

Bingo. Nothing to see here, just another case of aber's confirmation bias.
The virus has evolved, hopefully just getting weaker. Omicron is turning out to be pretty much a bad cold or flu. As for my bias, yup, I am bias. This whole thing has been over blown to be much worse than it actually is. I'm thinking in the near future it will come out as such.
The vaccines themselves are not protecting the people as they stated. CDC said that everyone will eventually catch it anyway. So why the lock downs and mask mandates?
This has been blown out of proportion for political reasons. Covid has been politized for the government to gain more control over the people and grow in size to make life more difficult for the people. Not just here but globally.

·
Yooper In Training
7,461 Posts
The virus has evolved, hopefully just getting weaker. Omicron is turning out to be pretty much a bad cold or flu. As for my bias, yup, I am bias. This whole thing has been over blown to be much worse than it actually is. I'm thinking in the near future it will come out as such.
The vaccines themselves are not protecting the people as they stated. CDC said that everyone will eventually catch it anyway. So why the lock downs and mask mandates?
This has been blown out of proportion for political reasons. Covid has been politized for the government to gain more control over the people and grow in size to make life more difficult for the people. Not just here but globally.
Man you're dense.

Vaccines - Yes they are. They're not as effective at stopping the virus entirely as they once were because it's evolved to be more infectious and become better at evading antibodies, whether natural or vaccine based. They're still quite effective at prevention, and even more effective at preventing severe disease.....which is exactly what vaccines like this and the flu shot are meant to do. They may not be the silver bullet we all hoped they'd be, but they're sure as shit still effective. Just look at the hospitalization and death rates for vax'd versus unvax'd.

Lockdowns and mask mandates - For a long time those were the only tools we had. Vaccines didn't exist. It was all new and seemed to be very, very bad. Lots of people were getting very sick very fast. Hospitals were getting filled, no one knew how to treat it, and people were dying. I'm sure the 846k US coronavirus deaths are just a political hoax, right? Hell, even if the true number is half that dead from the virus(spoiler alert: it's not) that's still a shitload of death. Sure, it sucked for a while and was pretty rough on "muh freedoms" but here we are.

Did the .gov take advantage of the situation? Hell yes they did, that's all they know how to do. Did they get everything right through this process? Hell no they didn't. Hindsight is 20/20, it's easy to complain about it 2 years later with all this new info(you know, for those of us who actually learn new info instead of just sticking to the same old nonsense forever). Does that negate the severity of the event itself? Hell no. You just can't see it because you leaned so far to the right that your head got buried in the sand, or maybe in that spot just north of your legs that smells much worse.

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Man you're dense.

Vaccines - Yes they are. They're not as effective at stopping the virus entirely as they once were because it's evolved to be more infectious and become better at evading antibodies, whether natural or vaccine based. They're still quite effective at prevention, and even more effective at preventing severe disease.....which is exactly what vaccines like this and the flu shot are meant to do. They may not be the silver bullet we all hoped they'd be, but they're sure as shit still effective. Just look at the hospitalization and death rates for vax'd versus unvax'd.

Lockdowns and mask mandates - For a long time those were the only tools we had. Vaccines didn't exist. It was all new and seemed to be very, very bad. Lots of people were getting very sick very fast. Hospitals were getting filled, no one knew how to treat it, and people were dying. I'm sure the 846k US coronavirus deaths are just a political hoax, right? Hell, even if the true number is half that dead from the virus(spoiler alert: it's not) that's still a shitload of death. Sure, it sucked for a while and was pretty rough on "muh freedoms" but here we are.

Did the .gov take advantage of the situation? Hell yes they did, that's all they know how to do. Did they get everything right through this process? Hell no they didn't. Hindsight is 20/20, it's easy to complain about it 2 years later with all this new info(you know, for those of us who actually learn new info instead of just sticking to the same old nonsense forever). Does that negate the severity of the event itself? Hell no. You just can't see it because you leaned so far to the right that your head got buried in the sand, or maybe in that spot just north of your legs that smells much worse.
And you're a moron, there we're even.

You do realize that there are vax'd people dying from covid or something else, right? They have unvax'd people that are days away from the two week period of being considered fully vax'd dying as well.

What I see is that they are wanting to impose vaccines and forcing it on everyone but ignoring the meds to stop the disease from getting worse. When someone gets an infection the doctor treats it with antibiotics. They don't wait till it gets so bad that they cut off whatever part of the body that is infected.

There is an agenda going on here but you seem to be oblivious to it because you're at the table of BS and you're eating it one spoon at a time.

Is it real? Yup. But the way they are going about it is for control over the people. This is just the first wave of control measures. I don't see them letting go of what they have. Look at other countries on how they are trying to control this sickness(cold and flu) and then tell me I have my head in the sand.

Oh and that spot just north of YOUR legs smells just like mine. Unless you're one of those guys that think your shit don't stink. Get over yourself.

You say that I am far right in this situation but then I see you as so far left that you are sitting at the table and eating bowls full of whatever they feed you and you are running with it.

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
See my post in the Biden thread about Trump. You just played the same game. You got called a name and you HAD to retaliate instead of taking the high road and ignoring it.
Ya I fell for it. But I usually don't. I let it slide. Every now and then you just need to sling it back.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,270 Posts
And you're a moron, there we're even.

You do realize that there are vax'd people dying from covid or something else, right? They have unvax'd people that are days away from the two week period of being considered fully vax'd dying as well.

What I see is that they are wanting to impose vaccines and forcing it on everyone but ignoring the meds to stop the disease from getting worse. When someone gets an infection the doctor treats it with antibiotics. They don't wait till it gets so bad that they cut off whatever part of the body that is infected.

There is an agenda going on here but you seem to be oblivious to it because you're at the table of BS and you're eating it one spoon at a time.

Is it real? Yup. But the way they are going about it is for control over the people. This is just the first wave of control measures. I don't see them letting go of what they have. Look at other countries on how they are trying to control this sickness(cold and flu) and then tell me I have my head in the sand.

Oh and that spot just north of YOUR legs smells just like mine. Unless you're one of those guys that think your shit don't stink. Get over yourself.

You say that I am far right in this situation but then I see you as so far left that you are sitting at the table and eating bowls full of whatever they feed you and you are running with it.

yes, vax' d people are still getting covid and dying from it, but at much lower percentages than the unvax'd.

Reactions: aber61
2501 - 2506 of 2506 Posts