Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
2481 - 2500 of 2512 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,646 Posts
My wife works in a school setting with kids with special needs. Since July 2020 she has been in person and none of the children wear masks. Maybe it will change with omicron, but it's been amazing to see how little covid has been in their school building. Or maybe it has and because there is minimal testing and little impact to younger people that nobody knows?

The only person I remember my wife saying someone got covid was when a coworker got it from her daughter..
My kids attend elementary school down here in Indiana. Since the start of COVID we gotten weekly emails from the Superintendent with COVID numbers throughout the district. The district is a relatively small and rural based but I've been pretty surprised how few cases our schools have had.

·
Registered
9,659 Posts
It sucks having sick kids in the house but like you said getting it over with and having antibodies might not be such a bad thing seeing as this seems to e a mild case of something. I caught it and now have antibodies so now I'm not as concerned about it. Hopefully your household gets over it quickly.

·
Desert Rat
7,233 Posts
I‘m dusting off the bong, busting out my InnaGodaDavida eight track and gonna get “immunized”!

Hemp, known scientifically as cannabis sativa, is a source of fiber, food and animal feed, and multiple hemp extracts and compounds are added to cosmetics, body lotions, dietary supplements and food, van Breemen said.

According to a press release from OSU, Van Breemen and collaborators, including scientists at Oregon Health & Science University, found that a pair of cannabinoid acids bind to the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein, blocking a critical step in the process the virus uses to infect people.

·
Yooper In Training
7,463 Posts
That's interesting. Too bad I don't smoke weed.... :ROFLMAO:
Same, but I could think of worse reasons to start than this one. But goddamn, if beer could block the virus we'd both be invincible.

·
Registered
9,659 Posts
No weed of any kind.

I gave up cigarettes years ago and now my only bad habits are a cigar once a week and copious amounts of Busch Latte.
I hear ya, the last thing I would do is weed to help with the effects of covid. I took airborne twice a day for a week and a half and I did quite well with that.
I used to smoke cigars but gave them up. But I still enjoy a beer with dinner though.

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
1996 Ford Bronco 5.8 4X4
13,075 Posts
Supreme court struck down the Nationwide Mandate, I'm guessing MiOSHA will be announcing a state mandate soon though.

·
Gustafson
10,239 Posts
Supreme court struck down the Nationwide Mandate, I'm guessing MiOSHA will be announcing a state mandate soon though.
I wouldn't be so sure. Gretch and company has been fairly quiet lately it seems.

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,933 Posts
I wouldn't be so sure. Gretch and company has been fairly quiet lately it seems.
Agree, I don't think the governor will say anything other than "it's recommended/best practice"; I really think she's still reeling from being told no by the supreme court about her abuse of power

·
Registered
9,659 Posts
Pfizer CEO Finally Comes Clean, Admits How Little Protection the Company's Vaccine Provides Against Omicron - Savage Takes

So they are now admitting that the vaccines are not as effective as they first claimed. But a number of people sure are getting rich from it.
I'm thinking getting healthy and taking meds to fight the sickness. Something that doctors don't seem to want to write scripts for. We don't hear much of anything about monocolonal antibodies which help for people that have caught it. My wife's doctor told her there is really nothing they can do except monitor her symptoms. My wife then asked for antibodies and only then did they write her a script to get them.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,270 Posts
Pfizer CEO Finally Comes Clean, Admits How Little Protection the Company's Vaccine Provides Against Omicron - Savage Takes

So they are now admitting that the vaccines are not as effective as they first claimed. But a number of people sure are getting rich from it.
I'm thinking getting healthy and taking meds to fight the sickness. Something that doctors don't seem to want to write scripts for. We don't hear much of anything about monocolonal antibodies which help for people that have caught it. My wife's doctor told her there is really nothing they can do except monitor her symptoms. My wife then asked for antibodies and only then did they write her a script to get them.
It sound to me like he's saying that the virus has evolved, so the vaccine has to change also. It makes perfect sense to me.

Reactions: Zjman

·
Yooper In Training
7,463 Posts

There's been plenty of talk about monoclonal antibodies. Problem is, only 1 of the 3 versions of them does anything for omicron, so it essentially cut the supply by 66%, while need for it has gone through the roof, so they're rationing it for those at highest risk of adverse effects from the virus.

It sound to me like he's saying that the virus has evolved, so the vaccine has to change also. It makes perfect sense to me.
Bingo. Nothing to see here, just another case of aber's confirmation bias.

2481 - 2500 of 2512 Posts