Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
2321 - 2337 of 2337 Posts

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,654 Posts
Real numbers, inaccurate reporting. They didn't "drastically reduced the country’s official COVID death toll". What they did do is release a report that 2.9% of people that died from Covid had no comorbidities. They were perfectly healthy people. The other 97.1% still died of Covid, but also had some other preexisting condition, but would likely still be alive today if they didn't get Covid. I personally have at least 3 comorbidities.
So what you are saying is if someone has stage 4 cancer under hospice care and they catch a common cold and die - they died from a common cold?

In a real world situation, my mom had stage 4 pancreatic cancer. She was given only a few months left to live and they did a surgery on her. From that surgery, she got a blood clot and then a stroke and died. OK, my mom died from a stroke. But we all know she was dying of cancer and the stroke just shortened the time.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,223 Posts
So what you are saying is if someone has stage 4 cancer under hospice care and they catch a common cold and die - they died from a common cold?

In a real world situation, my mom had stage 4 pancreatic cancer. She was given only a few months left to live and they did a surgery on her. From that surgery, she got a blood clot and then a stroke and died. OK, my mom died from a stroke. But we all know she was dying of cancer and the stroke just shortened the time.
No. What I'm saying that if I get covid and die, it's a covid death. The fact that I'm diabetic, have high blood pressure, and am overweight does not negate the fact that if I hadn't gotten covid I would not have died at that time.

·
Yooper In Training
7,428 Posts
Oh, we're having this conversation again? It's like Groundhog Day with this bullshit.

• Haha
Reactions: whiterhino

·
Yooper In Training
7,428 Posts
With football stadiums filling to the max and no surge tells us that the virus doesn't like football.
Apparently the virus only likes losing teams. Thanks a lot, Lions.
"Health experts have said Michigan is in its fourth surge."

• Haha
Reactions: brewmenn and aber61

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,223 Posts
So there is a talk about ongoing booster shots. Well at least one more for now. Wondering how many will line up for the next jab?
I just scheduled mine for Next Tuesday.

And yes, I get the regular shots recommended by my doctor.

Reactions: aber61

·
Yooper In Training
7,428 Posts
Neither of the shots did much of anything to my wife or I. I've been hesitant/indifferent on the booster. Certainly not in a big rush to get it, but not deadset against it either...basically the same way I was with the original vaccine. After some discussions with knowledgeable people as well as research on my own, I'll likely get it sooner than later. We'll see.

·
Registered
9,568 Posts
As sick as I got from my second shot, I don't know that I am going to get the booster....
here have been a lot of people getting reactions from the shots. I believe more than 10,000 people have died shortly after receiving a shot. Those numbers seem to be going up month after month.
My wife and I did receive our shots without any side effects but I am thinking about declining the booster myself.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,223 Posts
here have been a lot of people getting reactions from the shots. I believe more than 10,000 people have died shortly after receiving a shot. Those numbers seem to be going up month after month.
My wife and I did receive our shots without any side effects but I am thinking about declining the booster myself.
Correct, deaths after getting a shot, but not necessarily from the shot. I had no problems after the first 2, so I'm not expecting the booster to be any different, but I'll let you know next week.

·
Yooper In Training
7,428 Posts
Correct, deaths after getting a shot, but not necessarily from the shot. I had no problems after the first 2, so I'm not expecting the booster to be any different, but I'll let you know next week.
Seems we're back to that pesky correlation vs causation situation again. Funny how the people screaming from the roof tops how covid death numbers are exaggerated because of people simply dying with covid and not from covid are the same people ignoring that same detail on the vaccinated population. Thousands of people die every day. They did before the pandemic, they still do now, they still will when this is all but behind us. When the majority of the population is vaccinated, that means thousands of vaccinated people will die every day. It doesn't mean they died because of the vaccine, they just died. Did some die because of the vaccine? With a sampling this size it's virtually guaranteed. But look at a per capita death rate of unvaccinated vs vaccinated and I'd bet dollars to donuts that argument falls flat on its face even if covid cases aren't included in the sampling.

Let's put this into perspective. Just a quick reference, there have been over 4 billion people who've received at least one dose of a covid vaccine. For argument's sake we'll go with the 10k vaccine-related deaths even though I doubt it's accurate. That means there's a 1 in 400,000 chance you'll die from the vaccine. That means you're 4000 times more likely to die in a vehicle crash than from the vaccine. 1400 times more likely to be killed in a gun assault. Almost 400 times more likely to drown than be killed by the vaccine. Almost 5 times more likely to be killed by a dog than by the vaccine. Everything we do in life is a risk. If you want to know the actual risk you need the numerator and the denominator, you can't just throw half the info out and pretend you're proving anything. Sounds like something the liberal leftist democrat media would do. Sound familiar?

Reference link for the statistics above:

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,873 Posts
Hey, just because they died in a car crash, that blew up the gas tank; 8 months after getting the shot....they still died after getting the shot.

If those shots can do that to your car while you're driving it, what else can they do????!!!!

2321 - 2337 of 2337 Posts