Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
2301 - 2320 of 2337 Posts

·
Yooper In Training
7,428 Posts
Yep, that's messed up. So what's the solution? Tell them they either take the vaccine or send them packing on the other side of the border? Can't say I know the right answer, but that option doesn't seem half bad. I'm not terribly opposed to sending them packing regardless of vaccination status either though.

Reactions: aber61

·
Registered
9,568 Posts
They don't see the virus as serious as they are telling us it is. if they exempt themselves and other groups of people, that should be concerning to us all. They wear masks only when they are in front of cameras. When the cameras are off they don't wear them. They have been caught several times without them on then when they see they see the cameras they put them on.

·
Registered
9,568 Posts
Great, they are exempt?

Just found out that our company may have to follow the kings rulings since we are a government contractor.....
Maybe suggest when postal workers and illegal aliens and afghans that came here get there shots you'll think about it. When the government can exempt others but include everyone else because this is such a deadly disease then you know this is not for our best interest.

·
Gustafson
10,177 Posts
Yep, that's messed up. So what's the solution? Tell them they either take the vaccine or send them packing on the other side of the border? Can't say I know the right answer, but that option doesn't seem half bad. I'm not terribly opposed to sending them packing regardless of vaccination status either though.
THIS

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,223 Posts
If the vax is so important, why are congress and the illegals being flown around the country at night exempt?
Congress is exempt because the separation of powers do not allow the executive branch to tell the legislative branch what to do.
"The illegals being flown around the country at night" are not covered under the order because it only applies to workplaces, because it was done as an OSEA rule.
Postal workers are not exempt.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,654 Posts
From what I hear from a friend in the middle of all the mess in DC, the vast majority of congress and their aides are vaccinated already despite what they spew to appeal to voters. They shouldn't be exempt though, just like they should have to live under any other rules and laws they establish for the rest of us. Certainly not going to claim I agree with that.

You'll have to elaborate a bit on the "illegals being flown around the country at night" comment, preferably with sources.
I agree. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

RE illegals being moved around the country........ naw ........ I'm not gonna dig for sources. It's been all over a variety of networks for weeks / months - even being asked of Jen Psaki during a press conference. (she danced around the question) And I saw on another forum I follow that about 30 Haitians (or whatever) just randomly showed up on the lawn of some small town in Utah in the middle of the night.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,223 Posts
I agree. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

RE illegals being moved around the country........ naw ........ I'm not gonna dig for sources. It's been all over a variety of networks for weeks / months - even being asked of Jen Psaki during a press conference. (she danced around the question) And I saw on another forum I follow that about 30 Haitians (or whatever) just randomly showed up on the lawn of some small town in Utah in the middle of the night.
I have not heard anything to make me believe that there is anything nefarious about moving people at night. Sometimes that's what you have to do based on the resources available. It sounds to me like the typical right wing commentators trying to create an issue where none exists.

·
Registered
9,568 Posts
Congress is exempt because the separation of powers do not allow the executive branch to tell the legislative branch what to do.
"The illegals being flown around the country at night" are not covered under the order because it only applies to workplaces, because it was done as an OSEA rule.
Postal workers are not exempt.
My wife's cousin is anti vax and she works there. She was told that they will not be required to get the vaccine to continue to work. Their union must had went to Biden and told them they will not participate. Imagine postal workers being fired or quitting because of this mandate? The mail is slow enough already.
I'm not sure where you got your info about them not exempt But I've got someone on the inside.

·
Desert Rat
7,182 Posts
Now that we have a pill for it, shouldn’t that ”flatten the curve”, and this whole thing be put behind us?
Nov 5 (Reuters) - Pfizer Inc's (PFE.N) experimental antiviral pill to treat COVID-19 cut by 89% the chance of hospitalization or death for adults at risk of severe disease, the company said on Friday, as its CEO vowed to make this promising new weapon in the fight against the pandemic available globally as quickly as possible.

Reactions: aber61

·
Desert Rat
7,182 Posts
Now that we have a pill for it, shouldn’t that ”flatten the curve”, and this whole thing be put behind us?
Nov 5 (Reuters) - Pfizer Inc's (PFE.N) experimental antiviral pill to treat COVID-19 cut by 89% the chance of hospitalization or death for adults at risk of severe disease, the company said on Friday, as its CEO vowed to make this promising new weapon in the fight against the pandemic available globally as quickly as possible.

·
Registered
9,568 Posts
Stocks are up and investors are happy. I wonder how many government officials, senators and congressmen have a heavy interest in these stocks being successful? Maybe that is one reason the push for mandatory vaccines.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,223 Posts
My wife's cousin is anti vax and she works there. She was told that they will not be required to get the vaccine to continue to work. Their union must had went to Biden and told them they will not participate. Imagine postal workers being fired or quitting because of this mandate? The mail is slow enough already.
I'm not sure where you got your info about them not exempt But I've got someone on the inside.
It was probably an article written before the union got involved.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,223 Posts
It certainly should help.

·
Gustafson
10,177 Posts
I love it. That's the way it should be.... I have debated here (and elsewhere) that if the guy had a heart attack, that's what killed him, not covid. In the US though, the hospitals get more money for a covid death, so I don't see us following suit on this.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,223 Posts
Debate;

Real numbers, inaccurate reporting. They didn't "drastically reduced the country’s official COVID death toll". What they did do is release a report that 2.9% of people that died from Covid had no comorbidities. They were perfectly healthy people. The other 97.1% still died of Covid, but also had some other preexisting condition, but would likely still be alive today if they didn't get Covid. I personally have at least 3 comorbidities.

2301 - 2320 of 2337 Posts