Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
2221 - 2240 of 2253 Posts

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,582 Posts
Why do people think of vaccination as something new and radicle? It's been around for hundreds of years. The covid vaccine is not that different than any others.
Although I agree with much of what you have said above, I can't agree with this one. EVERY SINGLE vaccine and other medication takes YEARS of study and review. We all know that the Covid vaccines were pushed through and that's why they were listed as experimental. No one knows the long term effect of this vaccine. Hence why there is some concern about young girls and pregnancy.

Actually, I read something recently that stated that the vaccine that has FDA approval has not actually been produced yet. Everything currently on the market is still the "experimental" drug. Not sure if that's true or means anything but the point is, you can't say that this has been around for hundreds of years. Also, I believe a doctor friend (trying to defend the vax just like you are) had told me that this type of vaccine is been in experimentation for around 20 years - not hundreds.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,177 Posts
Although I agree with much of what you have said above, I can't agree with this one. EVERY SINGLE vaccine and other medication takes YEARS of study and review. We all know that the Covid vaccines were pushed through and that's why they were listed as experimental. No one knows the long term effect of this vaccine. Hence why there is some concern about young girls and pregnancy.

Actually, I read something recently that stated that the vaccine that has FDA approval has not actually been produced yet. Everything currently on the market is still the "experimental" drug. Not sure if that's true or means anything but the point is, you can't say that this has been around for hundreds of years. Also, I believe a doctor friend (trying to defend the vax just like you are) had told me that this type of vaccine is been in experimentation for around 20 years - not hundreds.
They come out with a new flu vaccine every year.

But you are correct, Most of the Covid vaccines are a new type of vaccine. This type of vaccine has been tested and found to be safe, but not for decades like other types, and this is the first times it's been used for a wide spread vaccination program.

But I'm not worried. I didn't plan on living forever anyways.:p:p:p

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,177 Posts

·
Yooper In Training
7,369 Posts
Just got a call, my son's entire first grade class is now quarantined due to a positive case in his class. Thanks Obama.

·
Yooper In Training
7,369 Posts
I hope your son is ok.
Thanks, I'm not too worried. Apparently there are 2 kids in his class who are currently out. 1 is his buddy who hasn't been there since Thurs, another is a girl who was out yesterday and today. They don't disclose who it is. Zero symptoms here so far, hopefully it stays that way.

Some districts have a policy where they can continue to go to school if they mask up and take covid tests. I know our district does it.

For the older vax'd kids with contact tracing, they wear a mask but no test is how I understood it.
I believe that's the case here as well. I'll have to dig through the email, I lost track. Seems it's always changing. They sent the whole class home today with iPads and instructions.

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,794 Posts
I get to play the covid game. Got Vaxxed over the summer, got it now. Dad is 85, Wife is 8 months preggo, and I sound like the healthiest person at my house. This should be fun....

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,582 Posts
Been there - take it serious.
Vitamin C & D
If you can get Ivermectin - do it.
If you can get the antibody infusion - do it.
If you have a nebulizer and albuterol, use it.

·
Yooper In Training
7,369 Posts
Best of luck. My boss tried all kinds of stuff, after the z-pack didn't touch it over it's 5 day course he got prescription steroids and that finally made him feel human again. How's your wife doing? 8 months pregnant is a scary time to be dealing with that....I guess same goes for your dad at that age.

·
3,794 Posts
I'm feel better than when I took my test yesterday. like I said I was already vaxxed, so I think that is lessening things.

I am worried about the wife, but she's a pharmacy tech that regularly visits the covid ward to deliver meds. If she would have gotten it, it would have been in the last 8 months.

Dad... I'm sort of worried about. I'm more worried that he might outlive me. He's an old Marine that has survived cancer and more bouts of pneumonia than I care to count. He's already survived two of my brothers and sisters. so he's got a 40/60 shot of out living all 5 lol.

·
Gustafson
10,131 Posts
I'm feel better than when I took my test yesterday. like I said I was already vaxxed, so I think that is lessening things.

I am worried about the wife, but she's a pharmacy tech that regularly visits the covid ward to deliver meds. If she would have gotten it, it would have been in the last 8 months.

Dad... I'm sort of worried about. I'm more worried that he might outlive me. He's an old Marine that has survived cancer and more bouts of pneumonia than I care to count. He's already survived two of my brothers and sisters. so he's got a 40/60 shot of out living all 5 lol.
Seeing how she is in medical, did she get vaccinated?

Your dad sounds like my grandma......haha. She turns 95 today.

·
3,794 Posts
So far its been pretty low key. I've had worse sinus infections. I'll admit that I've had to not do as much on the weekend because I feel a little bit more winded and I have had a weird cough, but honestly at this point I sound better than the rest of my family and they all tested negative.

Reactions: JohnnyJ

·
Gustafson
10,131 Posts
So far its been pretty low key. I've had worse sinus infections. I'll admit that I've had to not do as much on the weekend because I feel a little bit more winded and I have had a weird cough, but honestly at this point I sound better than the rest of my family and they all tested negative.
I am glad to hear that you are doing ok!

Hopefully no one else caught it and you recover quickly!

2221 - 2240 of 2253 Posts